FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First World Problems

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Complaining is a basic human right.

This is a conversation just for those ridiculous first world problems and never the serious stuff.

I'll start. One reason I catch the train is for the little shop. You have to like a little shop don't you think? The doctor likes a little shop. Anyway, for some reason it gets shut for an hour mid journey. Not to restock or anything. I think it is just done to confuse me and to deny one of life's essentials- coffee. I'm not sure why I am enamoured with the shop because the food is rubbery and the service randomly hostile or pleasant. Perhaps it is Stockholm syndrome.

24 Replies 24

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
That train little shop is the biggest magnet to my husband. He gets so much exercise on long trips traipsing back & forth for "necessities" from the little shop!!!

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

A great topic Rob, The store is closed to annoy and bug you...that is my life story....my sister would say its 'god's will'....with respect to summoning the good lord I dont agree with my sister...

My complaint is why Nescafe Gold Barista coffee is $18-00 for a 200 gram can from Woolworths/Coles. It their finest product available. It comes in 'Smooth' and 'Intense'....In the small writing on the pretty can it says' Packed in Greece from imported ingredients' The cost of labor in Greece is a no brainer but nearly $100-00/kilo? grrr

redgirl-blackdog
Community Member
Can I complain about technology, every time I try to do something online, here or elsewhere, it disappears, or glitches or whatever its called. I've tried at least 3 times to ask for help on this site so far tonite & now I give up, so goodbye & goodluck

Hey redgirl

I am sorry you have not received any help here. Technology can be a bit frustrating at times. I am not sure what has happened, but mostly when we post something, it goes to the moderator staff and may not show up straight away. I had a look around the forums for perhaps a thread you may have started, but I couldn't find you. Where did you post, besides here?

Please don't give up.

Hope you are OK??

Love

Shell xx

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Ok...the fuel prices up this end of town have been over the top. But recently a 7/11 opened up and cut 6 cents off a litre! The other 3 servo's within a block of each other have now done the same. Yay!

We haven't had this sort of competition ever! But the prices for those 3am runs for milk or smokes are still the same.

As for the little train shop Rob, I remember when I was little and travelling out west, the shop was the most exciting part of the trip! It didn't matter if the pies were rubbery or over priced, or the sandwiches were soaked from wet lettuce. My eyes only just reached over the counter and it was like a treasure trove of mysterious wonder. Oh to see through the eyes of a child again.

Paul...it seems you do have expensive taste in coffee. I'm fine with instant because it doesn't have the caffeine content. Brewed coffee makes me climb the walls.

Red-girl...Shell and I have seen your post and hope you don't give up. I had problems on here when I first started and sent an email to the technicians. They replied quickly and within a few weeks the site was fine. Please stick with us...

Kind thoughts...Dizzy x

I can't charge my smartphone...the connection is stuffed.

I've lost all my pics and stuff. I looked into data recovery online, but it costs hundreds and I need that to buy a new phone. I need to win the lottery, but can't afford tickets.

Boo!!

redgirl-blackdog said:Can I complain about technology, every time I try to do something online, here or elsewhere, it disappears, or glitches or whatever its called. I've tried at least 3 times to ask for help on this site so far tonite & now I give up, so goodbye & goodluck

Hi redgirl-blackdog, please let us know if you're having problems using the site so we can assist you. As Shelley anne mentioned, all posts are moderated so they might not appear straightaway. You can contact us privately to let us know about any issues you're having at any time.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I had the need of reinstalling the operating system and having to move the files about so they would not be lost forever with the reformatting and stuff. It seems that when the computer gets to this 5 year old stage I always want to just buy another one rather then fix the problem. Why can't I have sufficient income to be able to buy things on a whim?

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I have a head cold... I'm going to die.