FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feel like chatting? Bored and a little blue.

Jon4eva
Community Member
Hey.
18 Replies 18

Jon4eva
Community Member
Well, I guess I've coped well with depression by trying to keep my mind occupied with stuff... but for the last two days, been feeling very sad for no real reason...that I can think of anyway... also my sleep's been mildly disturbed... thought I'd reach out before it got worse. AnywY, if I don't reply, it's cos I've passed out I'm so tired... but I'll check in from time to time to see if anyway wants to reach out...

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hi Jon, welcome to the site and thanks for posting your comment.
With depression it is good if you can occupy your time doing something that interests you, but it doesn't help you know why you are feeling this way.
You could be going along doing what you want, but there is a reason why you feel depressed and nothing will improve until you seek help, firstly by seeing your doctor, because if you don't attend to this then your condition will only become worse, I certainly hope not.
I hope that you can get back to us. Geoff.

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hiya Jon4eva, welcome to the forum. I hope you do check back in, it would be good to get to know you.

How are you feeling now?

Kaz

Jon4eva
Community Member

Thanks Geoff, I usually do fill in my time and most of the time I do have my depression under control. For the last few days I just felt so down like I lost someone close to me. Hasn't hit me like that since I broke up with the ex wife a decade ago. Hit so hard I thought I'd reach out to others who are maybe feeling the same and maybe connecting. It's morning and I feel a little better, but I'll come back to bb and see how it goes.

Jon4eva
Community Member
Hey Kazzl, a little better knowing I'm being heard. Thanks 🙂

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Good to hear it Jon 👍

How do you keep your mind busy - any interests, hobbies, music, pets etc? We chat about all sorts of things here so feel free to say whatever you'd like to talk about.

You mentioned the depression has hit hard this time for no obvious reason. That's not unusual mate, sometimes we just don't know what's triggering it. Are you having any treatment - medication, psych etc? It would be worth checking in with your doctor if you're feeling things have changed substantially.

Keep talking to us Jon, you're amongst friends and fellow-travellers here.

Cheers

Kaz

Jon4eva
Community Member

Hey Kaz, I think I have enough Interests and hobbies to keep my mind fed. One of my friend's has his cancer returned, so that maybe it, but I usually don't get saddened by health news, unless it ends badly. He's still going strong so far. Maybe I miss my dad, who passed away 4 years ago nearly. Maybe I miss my gf, who I broke up with 3 months ago. I don't know. I think if I felt sad, I would at least have a clue why right? I remember coming into forums like this years ago when I had depression, I broke up with my ex-wife and it hit it for the first time hard. This time feels like that, but I have no clue what the cause it. I don't take any meds for it, Not that I don't believe in it, but I believe that keeping the mind occupied and focusing on positive stuff, usually helps me think the better way.

Jon

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jon, good to see you again

Sometimes we just don't know what our minds are up to. It could be a culmination of all those things you mentioned. Grief especially can hit us when we're not expecting it, even years later so I've found.

I think if you are looking after yourself well physically, resting when you need to, focussing on things you enjoy and not dwelling deeply on unhappy things, then there's a good chance it will pass with time. It's early days yet.

A lot of people find exercise helps, so maybe some long walks or such?

Do you work Jon? If so is there anything happening there that could be troubling you?

I hope you keep talking to us mate, if only for company while you get through this. We're always here.

Kaz

Jon4eva
Community Member

Hi Kaz,

Yeah, we're getting ready for accreditation on Monday that's just a little stress, but nothing worth being sad about. I think if ur right about grief hitting someone a long time after events, then you maybe onto something. I think it's more than likely my dad's passing.

Also I haven't been walking much until this morning. And this afternoon spoke to a friend about it, So kinda felt a lot better after that. But still thanks for listening. I'll be coming back here from time to time. It's good to know I can be listened to if I need it. 🙂