FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Favourite Bands/Singers

scorch
Community Member

Hi guys,

I was inspired by Neil's thread about favourite movies.  I want to know - what are some of your favourite bands/musicians?

Do you have an album that you listen to over and over?  Is there a songwriter who you connect with, that seem like they draw their lyrics directly from your soul?  What is your favourite style of music?  Who did you grow up listening to?

Are you a musician yourself?

And importantly, I'm always looking to discover another band or genre so if you have any suggestions of a great song let me know so that I can look it up 🙂

As for me, I don't really like most of the stuff that gets played on the radio.  The lyrics seem meaningless to me, and the songs are mostly produced just to make money - not to connect with an audience or tell a story.  I prefer songs and artists that are sincere and genuine, that confront important and real life topics or are emotionally touching.  that doesn't mean I live for slow ballads... no, I listen to all kinds of music, fast paced - slow and rhythmic, rap, hip hop, jazz, folk, rock, alternative, metal.... I love it so long as it has some depth.

I'm currently hooked on a band called Twenty One Pilots.  I love em!  Also, I recently discovered a genre called Nerdcore which is rapping about nerdy stuff like computer games and everyday events etc... I love rap but I don't love a lot of the language or topics that are usually rapped about, so chilling out to some lighthearted Nerdcore works for me 🙂  

260 Replies 260

Music_Freak
Community Member

This is my second post, and of course I'd find myself in the music thread, considering my name and all...

My two favourite bands are Halestorm and Sixx:A.M. (which has Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue)

I also don't mind an independent act from LA, named True Violet. They're an all girl act and their singer is married to the drummer from Halestorm.

Anyway, none of you probably have any idea of who these bands are, so I'll stop rambling

Alex_86
Community Member

My favourite band at the moment re a bit odd; The World/Inferno Friendship Society. They're a dark cabaret/circus punk band influenced by Weimar cabaret. They're upbeat with a good selection of instruments. I never know which song to recommend as I love them all, but maybe "Canonize Philip K. Dick, Okay" or "The Apple Was Eve", or if you prefer a slower song "Burn and Scar" is lovely.

I love Iggy Pop, the Ramones, Green Day and have recently started getting into My Chemical Romance (after the broke up of course! Terrible luck)

Sweetadeline
Community Member
Absolutely loving Radiohead's new album. Really hittin' the spot.

Elliott Smith's XO I keep going back to every 6 months or so. Love that guy.

The Chemical brothers; hey girl, hey boy

Guest_322
Community Member
Lana Del Rey 😊

Airies
Community Member

The Beatles,

love you tube hits of the 50s and 60s..Great when doing housework lol

Airies
Community Member

First album I brought Supertramp Breakfast in America.

loved the Beatles, Wings, Bryan Ferry, Blondie, ELO.

Phnx2405
Community Member

Way too many to even narrow down to 20..

Pink Floyd
Megadeth
The Tea Party
Tool
Mastodon
Muse
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Porcupine Tree
Steven Wilson
VAST
Soundgarden
Opeth
Judas Priest
Colin Hay

so so so many. 🙂

Awesome. Someone who likes Radiohead? I am a mad Radiohead fan and have all their albums.

radiojammer
Community Member
My favourite bands are Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Muse, Arcade Fire, Pink Floyd, Elbow, The Cure, Franz Ferdinand, Red Hot Chillip Peppers, Joy Division, Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Offspring, Rem, Soundgarden and more. I love chilling out to music when everything is difficult.