FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,088 Replies 2,088

Moonstruck
Community Member

Oh gimme a break Croix...it's a public holiday here in Qld. I was sleeping in listening to this wet stuff falling on the roof! wonder what it is.....oh yeah, I think it's called "rain" - haven't seen it here for so long we'd all forgotten!

Anyway you've all got just about everything covered..but what about Murder By Death?

TRains, Planes and Automobiles

Chocolat....isn't funny is it? Which was the funny part? I thought it sensual, dreamy, whimsical, charming...but funny?? I can't remember laughing. I am not much use, because not usually drawn toward funny comedy movies.. but you can't really go past Monty Pythin & Holy Grail can you?.....FETCH ME A SHRUBBERY!!!!!

Feel good movies

Sleepless in Seattle- Tom Hanks

An affair to remember- Cary Grant

Hearts and Souls - Robert Downey Jnr

City of Angels- Meg Ryan

Billy Elliot - amazing stage show

Trying to list funny /feel good movies for Croix - I have to say An Affair To Remember would never have occurred to me. Even the theme song can invoke a huge swell of sweet tender emotions and memories within me..even today I will think of the same man if I hear it...and that movie with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant.

Meeting at the Empire State Building and then the poignant scene re-created years later by Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle..(this time with a happy ending) .oooh too much for this romantic fool that I am!

The original always reminded me of the Great Love Of My Life...and the long-standing "affair to remember" that lasted quite a number of years - after many long years apart, not knowing where or if he was even still alive..I had met no-one to equal him. hearing of my old love story, a well-meaning acquaintance, with the help of advancing technology and social media, without my knowledge, began searching for him. She found him.

No longer lovers, we remain lifelong friends to this day. Yes it was An Affair To Remember.......Moon S x

hey Moon girl,

see happy ending = feel good

Stressless

Morning people....I thought of another movie Croix and his followers might like. but maybe not the younger folk - it's set back in the Swingin' Sixties of London - Carnaby Street and all that....(remember that era Croix?)

"There's A Girl In My Soup"....with Peter Sellars and Goldie Hawn. I liked it particularly because at the time, I was in the middle of my affair with the older married man I mentioned in Affair to Remember (above) and it reminded me of us! One of my favourite lines was when driving a sports car along the mountain top of the French Riviera - overlooking the gorgeous panorama he says

"Do you like it?"

"I Love it!"

"Well, let's go and GET SOME OF IT!".............aah...memories.

(see I can remember them Croix, just on the wrong thread that's all...hehehehe)

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

I'm not going to complain if your aim is bad and a memory ends up here - all good.

That movie ended up with everyone returning to how they were at the start if I remember correctly. Sort of left me wondering what happened, but pretty good nevertheless, plenty of lines.

"Are you going to get me plastered?"
"No, you're scary enough sober"

Same era as Alfie, another with an ending which I was in two minds about.

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

You're nearly as good as me Croix, with the quotes! Did you also see the Alfie with Jude Law as well as the original with Michael Caine? Here's more trivia (I have a head stuffed full of movie trivia as you may have noticed)

I first saw Jude Law many years ago (before he became Jude Law if you get my drift!) a simply gorgeous looking young man...played Boysie in an Oscar Wilde tele movie with I think Michael Gambon as Oscar......they made another years later with Stephen Fry...but I think Jude was the young boyfriend in the first one........I thought then what a pretty boy he was! (why does old Oscar keep popping up in our conversations?) wish he was alive today...perhaps he is..perhaps he was re-incarnated and having a wonderful time on earth today!!

Hey Croix,

I was driving down the freeway today and saw that big red sign that says ,

Stop you are going the wrong way and it reminded me of my fav comedy of all time,

Planes, Trains and Automobiles with the hilarious John Candy and Steve Martin

It also reminded me that I haven't spoken to you in a while, although Ive seen you around, the forums.

Hope you are well and everything is ok

No pressure to reply

Stressless

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hi Croix, I don 't have anything to say about art, movies or books, music or anything like that. But I came to visit with you for another reason...

I wanted to thank you for all the times you have treated me with kindness. You helped me feel like what I have to say is worth listening to. Like my words are valid. Like I am a person who has worth. Happy tears. From the depths of my heart, Thankyou Croix. And Thankyou for seeing me in that well that time( I am unsure if you remember, but I do).

Shell

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Shell~

Oh yes, I'm not going to forget that well anytime soon, it was really horrible for you, and I was very worried about you and very relieved when it got better.

I suppose part of the reason I got so concerned is having experienced similar myself in the past. Hopefully it is in the past for both of us now.

I am really pleased you came here and let me know how you feel. Thank you .

Of course your words are worth listening to and valid. I've been noticing you helping others here in the Forum and thinking you have a lovely gentle touch.

No need to talk of books or such, you are welcome here anytime

Croix