FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,088 Replies 2,088

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Can you tell me what is wrong? A bowling opportunity? Something else?

You do have more than your fair share of grief and I really wish life was kinder.

I know it is a trivial thing but I've taken your advice and found The Holiday s/hand on eBay. I do find escapism is a very necessary part of my life.

Croix

Hi Moonstruck,

No we haven't talked yet sorry about that! I'm slowly working my way through threads and getting to know the regulars but I haven't read your thread yet. Slowly but surely I will get there 😊.

You sound very low today I'm sorry I'm not up to speed with your story to offer anything useful other than say I hope this feeling passes and tomorrow is a brighter day for you.

I loved The Holiday too. Not usually much of a Cameron Diaz fan but it was a lovely movie. Have you seen The Wedding Date? I liked that as well 😊. Nothing better than escaping in someone else's fantasy world (whether in a book or on screen) when you're own world seems grey.

Take care Moon (and Croix too of course 😊).

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Quercus et al.~

“Inconceivable!" The Princess Bride is one of my favorites too, as is Love at first Bite and Young Frankenstein, which had one of the best throwaway lines comedy ever (featuring door fittings)

I too thought the new Beauty and the Beast was excellent, much better than the old movies, or the TV series with Ron Perlman -have not seen the new TV series.

Croix

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Oh hi again Moon and Croix...

My sister showed me a music clip on YouTube which I loved and had to tell you both about.

It's George Ezra "Listen to the Man". The video clip has Sir Ian McKellen lip syncing the song and then George stops and chews him out. So then they take turns "singing". It is sweet and funny and then there is George Ezra's voice which is just gorgeous!

Hope this gives you a smile too 😊

Moonstruck
Community Member

You're not as silly as you look, are you Croix?.....much love and thank you for being there......big hugs.....

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Thought it might be something like that. I do know the bowling scene is full of aspiring people who have setbacks, hopefully there will be other opportunities as time goes on. Bowling is an ever-popular pastime after all.

Did you ever think any more about Miss Moon's Bowling Academy for young ladies and gentlemen? You could coach the Stanislavsky method of bowling where students put themselves in the mental shoes of Cara Honeychurch and thus bowl to perfection?

Yes I know I'm being silly, I guess you have to make allowances for marine mammals.

Hang in there Moon.

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Good Morning Mr Walrus

of course there'll be another along soon Croix....I guess I had placed so much importance on it, seeing it as salvation from what I was going through with the pet situation; just what I needed etc etc. And it would have been - the perfect healing medicine. But was not to be. I have to get thru this alone. Literally I have no-one I can turn to for help. Of course I have friends, family members, concerned members of the public who care about missing pets etc.....but when it comes down to it, I have to grieve this thing alone. Scary stuff.

there's another similar bowls club social/game outing thing that happens various weekends that I am going to join....at least will keep me in touch with the game , its players, and give me somewhere to go on a weekend....weekends are becoming a living hell for me - having no partner at the moment....

(oh well, some time back, I did have 2 at the same time....so it did occur to me that like a Greek or Shakespearian tragedy - (where you can predict the inevitable outcome) I would end up without either of them eventually!!

Hi Moon, Croix, Quercus,

Just passing on my way to the circle and saw the lights on and thought I'd pop in.

I was reading about all time Fav movies so just thought I'd share.

Top of the list is Shawshank Redemption- it has everything- injustice, friendship, overcoming adversity and best of all the bad guys get their just desserts and their is a happy ending

Second is Ghost 👻 What can I say about Patrick Swayze that hasnt been said. Tragedy,romance,humour and a pottery lesson as well.

See you in the circle- maybe we should have a movie night ?

Stressless

Evening All...... One of my favourites is on TV as we speak...The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black.

I love this movie.........have a wonderful peaceful night, whether you are with a person, people, or just like me.

Alone Again....Naturally....( Oh that's right, Gilbert O'Sullivan already sang that one!)

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon et al.~

Well The Holiday is on it's way and I'm watching Love Actually in bits and pieces between other things (bit frantic at the moment).

I must confess I prefer Gilbert and Sullivan, works like Pirates and Mikado go on for ever

You are not completely alone you know Moon, there's a delay between post and answer true, but we are there nevertheless.

Good luck with the other bowling organization.

Croix