FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

CHRISTMAS 2018/NEW YEARS Chillout Lounge

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Everybody! Christmas is the time of year to enjoy & share with family & friends. Some people will spend this time alone & isolated too!
This is a safe place where people can post and say hello, chat or send wishes to others and have a 'Virtual Christmas/New Years'!
Whether you have plans for Christmas/New Years or having a quiet one you can kick back and just enjoy company of others. Its been a long year. Even if you have never posted on Beyond Blue before you are very welcome to come in and sit around our 'Virtual Christmas Tree' and chat 🙂
You asked for this Paul here it is for all.
Santa (AKA Kanga Peter) Ho Ho! 🙂
535 Replies 535

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Good stuff Peter Kanga

CMF x

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks CMF the people asked for it so I thought I would at least start it off. See who puts in.

Kanga

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Bah! Humbug!

Isn’t that awful!!

It’s not that I don’t enjoy Christmas it’s just that it comes around so fast & costs so much. Even when I try & spend less on gifts it still ends up a lot which is a real strain on the budget.

I hate shopping for presents so I cheat now & buy what I need online. That can be quite fun when all the things start arriving at our door.

And then there’s the food. My husband spent many miserable christmas days alone with only a can of baked beans. Food is the joy of his life so we spend heaps on extra food.

We are blessed with good friends to share the day with & I do enjoy that. I wish I was more into the religious significance of the day. Maybe one day.

I remember Christmas was fantastic when the kids were young. It’s different without kids or grandkids in the mix.

I envy those of you who can really get into the spirit of Christmas. But I will enjoy the day itself & I am whittling down the gifts left to order.

Now I just need to get into the spirit of the season. Cheers, Lyn.

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Lyn there are many who feel that way because of a lot of different reasons. One of which is they don't like one relative or another. As soon as its Christmas they may get together, be nice when they walk in the door. Shore as hell by the end of the meal or shortly after. The gloves are off referee has to be called for. If they do as I do. To avoid those arguments is stay away. Whilst some of my siblings had children or I had children. In to it in a big way. Now my farther is not around I can not stand where my family have gone with Christmas. To the point. Where I am better off alone, or with people who need a hand up out of a bad situation. The only thing I ask of them is they must really try to fix the problem. I have Seen people turn there lives around. From having little hope, to owning homes giving up drugs. Married Children. .

Kanga

In Australia, Christmas comes in the middle of a very hot summer So when Santa Claus delivers his presents. He's not taken around by reindeer because; they can't stand the terrible heat. He's taken around by six big, white, old man kangaroos. Called the six white boomers. Early on one Christmas day, a joey kangaroo. Was far from home and lost. In a great, big zoo “Mommy.... Where's my mommy?” “They've taken her away. We'll help you find your mommy, son. Hop up on the sleigh”. So up inside the bag of toys the little Joey hopped. But they hadn't gone far when Santa stopped Unharnessed all the reindeer and Joey wondered why. Then he heard a far off booming in the sky (boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom) Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. On his Australian run. Pretty soon old Santa began to feel the heat Took his fur-lined boots off to cool his feet. Into one popped joey. Feeling' quite okay. While those old man kangaroos kept pulling' on the sleigh Hey! Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. Racing Santa
Claus through the blazing sun. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. On his Australian run Then Joey said to Santa, "Santa, what about the toys? Aren't you giving some to these girls and boys? " "well, they've all had their presents, sonny. We were here last night. This trip is an extra trip. Joey's special flight. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. On his Australian run. Soon the sleigh was flashing past. Right over marble bar "slow down there!" cried Santa "it can't be far Hop up on my lap here, son And have a look around" "there, there she is! That's mommy! Bounding up and down! “Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. On his
Australian run..Well, that's the bestest Christmas treat. That joey ever had.
Curled up in mother's pouch feeling snug and glad. The last they saw was Santa heading northwards from the sun. The only year the boomers worked a double run. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun. Six white boomers. Snow white boomers. On his Australian run.

Kanga

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Dashing through the bush,
in a rusty Holden Ute,
Kicking up the dust, esky in the boot,
Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs,
It's Summer time and I am in my singlet, shorts and thongs
Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day,
Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut !,

Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.
Engine's getting hot; we dodge the kangaroos, the swaggie climbs aboard, he is welcome too.
All the family's there, sitting by the pool, Christmas Day the Aussie way, by the barbecue.

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer’s day,
Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Come the afternoon, Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Bruce, are swimming in their clothes.
The time comes 'round to go, we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through, before the washing up.
Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer’s day,
Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute

What a lovely thought 🙂

This will be my first Christmas in my new house, where I live alone. Christmas day should be okay though, I expect I'll be with family for lunch or dinner.

I can't decide how much Christmas to bring into my new house. I'm not a fan of the commercial side of Christmas but I want to 'be involved'. I've decided that I will buy presents for the kids in the family, so that will be 4 of them. :DD Also thinking I might do something for charity, that might be fun.

I will wait and see on the decorating.

But since this is virtual *pops up a 7ft tall Xmas tree in the corner of the chat room* Someone else can decorate 😄

Welcome to the chill out room Me I am not int the commercial side either I would rather b with family first If not family then generate one with friends who dont have one either.

Kanga

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Kanga, I love the six white boomers story. I don't know what there isn't more focus on that song. Carols by Candlelight for all the traditional songs, they should include that. The fact is, we don't have a white Christmas ( except for a few years back when we had hail stones the size of golf balls ) so why do we celebrate it That Way? Why have we never embraced the way our own country is at Christmas time instead of following the way it is overseas?

Crazy really.

cmf x