FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

BeyondBlue Theme Song

lookingforme
Community Member

So, I've been going through a bit of a time lately, and I've been focused on that misery so much. Coming back on these forums was definitely a good idea, where you can be heard and listen to others, I can't explain what it means to me.

Anyway, I thought I would start a lighter thread, just to be a little less focused on misery I guess. I was on a run (or for what passes as a run for me), and I was thinking, what phrases or bits of songs that could pass for a theme song for BeyondBlue, in relation to how they/you helped me.

I came up with the following:

Charlie Puth; One Call away: "I'm only one call away. I'll be here to save the day. Superman got nothin' on me. I'm only one call away..."

Rudimental; Lay It All On Me: "All alone as you look through the door, nothing left to see. If it hurts and you can't take no more, lay it all on me. No you don't have to keep it under lock and key..."

Lupe Fiasco; The Show Goes On: "So no matter what you been through, no matter what you into, no matter what you see when you look outside your window. Brown grass or green grass, picket fence or barbed wire, never ever put them down you just lift your arms higher. Raise 'em 'til your arms tired, let em' know you're there, that you struggling, survivin' that you gonna persevere yeah. Ain't no body leavin', no body goin' home, even if they turn the lights out the show is goin' on."

Eminem; Not Afraid: "I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid) to take a stand (to take a stand). Everybody (everybody), come take my hand (come take my hand). We'll walk this road together, through the storm, whatever weather, cold or warm. Just letting you know that you're not alone. Holler if you feel like you've been down the same road."

Sara Bareilles; Brave: "Maybe there's a way out of the cage where you live. Maybe one of these days you can let the light in. Show me how big your brave is. Say what you wanna say And let the words fall out. Honestly, I wanna see you be brave with what you want to say and let the words fall out. Honestly I wanna see you be brave."

These are just a few. Music lets me feel a lot of what I'm already feeling, but also gives me a safe outlet for it. What do you think? Any suggestions?

I hope this isn't a stupid idea...

28 Replies 28

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Looking

This is an original and great thread. There is nothing stupid about having a new idea/topic and good on you!

Until I can get my head around any of my very daggy music and lyrics I will go with;

"Eminem; Not Afraid: "I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid) to take a stand
(to take a stand). Everybody (everybody), come take my hand (come take
my hand). We'll walk this road together, through the storm, whatever
weather, cold or warm. Just letting you know that you're not alone.
Holler if you feel like you've been down the same road."

Nice1 🙂

Paul

pipsy
Community Member
How about Gerry and The Pacemakers 'Walk hand In Hand With Me'. That's what we're all about.

Thanks Paul 🙂 Good choice.

I have not heard that one Pipsy, I shall check it out.

You could also try, 'you'll never walk alone'. another Gerry and The Pacemakers.

Teetoe
Community Member
How about James Taylor "You've got a friend" - When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand
and nothing, whoa, nothing is going right. Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest nights. etc".

"Talk Talk" by Talk Talk....1982......"anxiety was bringing me down"

Teetoe
Community Member

The Four Tops "Reach Out I'll Be There" - "Now if you feel that you can't go on (can't go on), Because all of your hope is gone (all your hope is gone), And your life is filled with much confusion (much confusion),
Until happiness is just an illusion (happiness is just an illusion), And your world around is crumbling down, darlin'"etc. What great songs are coming out of this!

I love the Four Tops! I didn't even think about them.

Avicii, For a better day

The Five StairSteps; Ooh Child: "Ooh-oo child things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child things'll get brighter. Ooh-oo child things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child things'll get brighter. Some day, yeah we'll get it together and we'll get it all done, some day when your head is much lighter. Some day, yeah we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun. Some day when the world is much brighter. Ooh-oo child things are gonna be easier. Ooh-oo child things'll get be brighter."