FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A song to express your feelings

lookingforme
Community Member

At this hour, I find myself particularly vulnerable because I am heavily sleep deprived, and my brain can't really process. I have been awake for 21 hours and 12 minutes straight after a string of nights of only a few hours' sleep. I don't feel well, nor do I feel sleepy. So, I am listening to the soundtrack of my life entitled "Walkabouts" and right now, the perfect song to describe what I am feeling (at least the chorus of it) is Madness by Muse. Has anyone ever felt like they could communicate more if they did it through the songs that already exist? I challenge us to have a conversation consisting of song quotes.

So, dedicated to my depression; here I go...

Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I, I can't get these memories ooout of my mind, and some kind of maaaadness has started to evolve. Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad... And I, I tried so hard to let you go-ooo, but some kind of maaaadness is swallowing me whole, yeah....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I have finally seen the light. And I have finally realized, what you mean....

Ooh oh oh

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Hi everyone, just a reminder that song lyrics are copyrighted material, and we (as in BB) can get into trouble for reproducing them without permission.  If you could just keep to sharing song titles, or one or two lines from the song at most, rather than whole lyrics that would be great - that way we can keep this thread open. ]

1,004 Replies 1,004

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Joelle,

I'm sure there are plenty of songs that can relate to how I am feeling at different stages of my day and life's journey.

My problem is that I forget which songs they are! My memory is really lousy. Listening to a song can also bring back memories, good or bad.

I do hope you mange to sleep soon!

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Years ago, when I'd gotten rid of a really crumby b/f, the song "Thorn in my Side" was on the radio lots. I'd waltz around the house singing (!!) loudly & feeling very self-righteous!!

That sounds liberating.

I'm currently throwing myself into the music because it's all too real in my head and if I don't distract myself in anyway I'll lose it and no going to work

Jack184
Community Member

I tend to listen to anything by Imagine Dragons, or sometimes a bit of stuff by Simple Plan. Half of their songs seem to be about the stuff I'm going through.

Hey Jack. I love Imagine Dragons, particularly hopeless opus and demons if i'm in my moods, which is most of the time recently. And "how could this happen to me" was pretty much my theme song when I was 16-18...Which songs would you pick?

Jack184
Community Member
Oh, that's such a hard question, they're all so good! My favourite would probably be Cha-Ching, but It's Time, Demons, Shots, Amsterdam and Thief are all really good too, just to name a few.

all excellent choices. I'm currently listening to friction

All for you and shots are my favorite songs by imagine dragon...

Plus I'm really loving breaking Benjamin at the moment!

Up on the roof: The Drifters