FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Withdrawal Symptoms from Anti depressants

TDang
Community Member

I'm currently going through withdrawals from an SNRI I took to sleep for about 3months. Can anyone relate to my experience?

Im into my 4th week from last dose. This drug has been very tough on me.

- first week I got really bad flu symptoms and thought I was coming down with flu. Got what felt like food poisioning stomach bug which lasted 7 days. Second week, mostly go depression and same lethargy flu like symptoms. Brain zaps quite regularly. Third week, continue with low mood feeling and loss of interest and appetite, lethargy. Forth week (this week) seems like anxiety is beginning to come in and im getting spikes of anxiety at throughout the day, which comes and goes.

prior to this I had a stress situation which caused me panic attacks and some depression, and was put on two medications for sleep. my stressors are gone, and ive been well for over a month, but it seems im getting withdrawals which started around 1 week after my last dose in mid feburary

4 Replies 4

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

I'm afraid your question is far too specialized for us here. You'll need the opinion of your professional medical person, GP, psychiatrist etc.

We are mostly peer group advisers, with disorders ourselves. Good luck

TonyWK

CrazyGecko89
Community Member

Sounds like the withdrawals are putting you through a rough time.

When i was taking antidepressants my body seem to suffer more while getting used to them than when going off as I mostly had dizzy spells and felt naucious during withdrawals.

But it's definitely recommended to get it seen to professionally.

AnotherOne12
Community Member
Im went through dizziness and strange blood pressure spikes when moving as I upped the dosage.

Ilovestrawberries
Community Member
Hi, I’m just wondering how you are doing now?