FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

what physical feelings of anxiety do you get?

annabay
Community Member

hey there, what physical symptoms of anxiety do you experience?

I often feel very alone in my experience of having physical chest (what I think are heart) spasms and was wanting to create a space for everyone to list their physical feelings that come hand in hand with anxiety so we can all feel less alone.

hope everyone is well.

797 Replies 797

daftestpunk
Community Member
For the past 3 weeks I've also had this itchy throat and a dry cough. I don't cough anything up, and I haven't had any other related symptoms. Has anyone else had anything similar? I had blocked nostrils as well so I'm taking a nasal spray which seems to be working so far, so I'm thinking it's allergies? Just weird because it's autumn.

Hi @daftestpunk,

I haven't had that specifically but with me it's sniffling! It's almost like an anxious tick I have been having?

Anxiety can come out in very interesting ways but this thread is so helpful to be a sounding board for what we are going through!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I like using these threads as a sounding board, while I'm waiting to seek professional help for this. Your point about an anxious tick could hold some ground actually.

It's actually gotten much worse today, think I might actually have a cold! I'm quite fatigued, have a tension headache and a very itchy throat. Interestingly the nasal passage has cleared up, and I am not too short of breath.

Cuzzies21
Community Member

Shortness of breath which leads to dry reaching, high blood pressure and sweating like crazy, so much sweating that I've destroyed most of my shirts at the arm pits (material has permanent stains from the sweat) I have tryed all deodorants, even the expensive chemist hard core stuff.

Hi everyone! Thanks to all the new posters that have taken the time to be a part of the forum family 🙂

I used to have chronic anxiety and understand the symptoms and yes they are horrible to experience

If anxiety symptoms begin to interfere with our ability to function effectively on a day to day basis.....seeing our GP asap is essential

my kind thoughts

Paul

Yeah I'm already on medication, GP doubled the dose 5 months ago, it has helped somewhat to claim me down but that's about it. Psychologist didn't help apart from identify the situation to which I can't get away from. Like others have been to ED with chest pain and high blood pressure.

Nav09
Community Member

Thanks, in a way it helps to know I’m not alone. 🙂

Recently my lip have started to go tingly and numb at times on and off but i have since noticed it’s when I’m under stress. I also seem to get these brain type waves that I often catch the feeling and it stops me in my place at times as I notice them and I seem to be sensitive to sounds. But it all seems to hit me at once at night time. Which all points to anxiety i say. I feel as though I’m going to demand the gp to put me on some sort of mental care plan just to keep my mind at ease.

Not_Batman
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I might have posted this before, but sometimes a sudden sadness just kind of clouds around me. Maybe not so sudden if i think back on it.

Right now im sitting here minding my own business, working away, and for the last 4 hours i found myself just getting sadder and sadder for no apparent reason until the first tear decides to show up. Then a shaking hand.

time for a break to regroup my thoughts.

Not_ Batman

Fiatlux
Community Member

Lately I am so exhausted and anxiety hits often.

Is this ever going to get better.

I want my pre pandemic, carefree positive life back.

I cry at the drop of a hat and frequently.

The stress is exhausting.

Not Batman, that’s why everyone needs a Robin. 🙏🏼