FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Twitching in legs and feet

StephenLRobinson
Community Member

Hi Guys, m

I really need a calming mind right now! 2 and a half weeks ago I started with twitching in both legs. I have been extremely anxious for months now and this is just another symptom I have got! 

it’s like vibrating twitching in both feet and random twitching in legs that sometimes moves to lips and arms and eyes. I have a really tight leg but the tightness moves around the leg.

Has anyone had these symptoms before? 

3 Replies 3

David35
Community Member

I think its called restless leg syndrome. I get it now and then before going asleep.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry for your challenge. May I ask if you have seen your GP or a mental health professional for your stress with these physical symptoms? You need an accurate diagnosis and personalised advice.

Also, do you want to share the potential source of your anxiety, so that we can see how we could help?

Moreover, taking care of yourself is very important, this includes having regular exercise, health diet, enough sleep, as well as keeping connection with your friends and family.

You can also try "progressive muscle relaxation", try to search relative videos in Youtube. Hope it will help a bit.

Warmly,

Mark

Emotions26
Community Member

Hello Stephen,

This is causing you distress, understandably.  You wrote that you need a calming mind right now.  Of course you do.  As mentioned already seeking medical advice is the best solution.

These symptoms could relate to side effects from medication or an underlying medical condition.

The thought of this is anxiety provoking and the only way to reduce the anxiety and seek answers is to make a doctor's appointment.

Personally if you have your own doctor's clinic I would ask for an emergency appointment purely to get in sooner as they are often booked up for some time.  You do not have to go into detail with reception when booking the appointment.  State that you have had worrying symptoms for over two weeks and are very concerned.

The doctor will want to know your current medical history including current use of medication including vitamins and any herbal or body building products should you use those. The more information that you provide helps the doctor.

I have not personally had these symptoms but do know others who have had.  You are doing the right thing in seeking help by writing on here and then recognising that this is a medical matter.

It is great that you are looking after yourself.

You can of course continue to write about how you are feeling on this post.  This post can be your go to place if you feel comfortable.  Others will come along in time and join in. 

You are helping others also by writing here which is a very caring thing to do.

I hope you get some answers soon to help you  feel calmer.

Ems