FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tired

Truetomyself
Community Member
At the moment I feel really tired and exhausted from my anxiety that is now impacting my depression.
I am also tired of having to hide it. Especially with work.
I can't afford to loose my job but I can't say what's really going on.
I am scared and unsure of what to do. I have lost jobs because of my mental health being so up and down.
I have no one to talk about it to.
305 Replies 305

CalmCat
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Truetomyself,

Thank you for such a vulnerable post.

Please know that you're not alone, there are so many people out there in the same shoes.

By simply talking and starting hard conversations like this one, we can all heal each other from today's pain.

I'm sure your work place will understand that there are people having mental health issues at the moment; just be open with them. I'm sure they'll understand.

If you need to talk with someone reach out on the Beyond Blue hotline on 1300 22 4636.

Your so brave to reach out, keep reaching out as much as you need. You will come out of this a stronger person.

Regards,

Doz

Helen72
Community Member

Hi Truetomyself,

I can understand you not wanting to say anything at work. Officially where I was 'ticked all the boxes" but when push came to shove, I was told not to talk about it and that made me feel worse as my whole life revolved around work.

So I reckon you have to talk about it but you have to figure out who and where. These forums are a good start. then where? Family, friends, GP, ??? - let me know.

Helen

Thanks for your advice Helen. I have no friends or family. So I talk to a counsellor and that's it.
It makes life hard for sure and I talk to my GP. But I am terrified as when I have had the discussion, I was performance managed out as I had too many days off and all the rest.
I feel really alone on this and I am scared because if I loose my job, I will loose where I rent and where will I be.
Sorry to sound negative but it is such a huge fear.
I sitting here crying because I wish I could just day it but I can't and I am tired. It is just exhausting. I am exhausted.
I just wish things were different.

Thank you. I appreciate you reading my post and your advice. I feel safe here but am exhausted from holding it together. There are just days I want to them I can't come in today I have anxiety and I am frozen. Some days I can't get out of bed, today I just cried because I hate to pretend to be something that is not honest.
I have been dealing with this for 15 years. Hospitalised and on the same merry go round.
I have social anxiety as well so it is hard too.
I hate it. I have tried everything. My case is complex and I just wish people could say how they feel at work. I didn't ask for this. Yet I have it and it has impacted so much of my life.
I am trying to stay positive but it is hard.

Hi again,

There's more than your counsellor and your GP (well maybe) - there's us 🙂 And there's someone on the Beyond Blue hotline on 1300 22 4636

Things may look bad but try not to look for the worst outcome. Take a deep breath, go for a walk (while the weather's nice) and maybe that'll help for today.

'Talk' to you soon

Helen

Hi Truetomyself,

I am really sorry to hear that you are struggling with this at the moment. I understand how hard it is to feel like you can't talk about these things, especially when its so hard to even just show up to work some days. Something I found really helped me when I was going through a really low point last year and having similar experiences was telling a trusted colleague/friend how I was feeling. It was nice to know that someone at work knew how I was feeling and that I had some support on those days when I forced myself to go in even though I didn't want to. I hope that this is something you can do with someone from you work because although it won't solve everything it is a good place to start. Even if it isn't someone you are close with I am sure they won't mind that you mention it to them, even you tell them that you have had some struggles with anxiety in the past and feel that it's a bit worse at the moment without having to tell them anything too personal. This takes away the pressure and fear of telling the boss or the whole workplace. You could even contact HR at the workplace and see if they have any systems in place for people who are struggling.

Truetomyself
Community Member
For 4 days I have been in bed. Not eating or drinking. I am lost and tired. My parents don't get it, no one does. Lifeline are no help. I am so alone. Each night I pray to die. It's all too much. 16 years of this does your head in.

Hey Truetomyself,

Thanks for reaching out to the community tonight. It is so important to reach out in low moments like these. We are so sorry to hear how lonely you've been feeling, and we can hear that things have been especially difficult to cope with these past 4 days. It sounds like you must be feeling so much pain at the moment, and we understand that struggling over 16 years would make you feel lost and tired, and like it's all too much. But please know that you don't have to go through this alone, and our community are here for you. We are also reaching out to you privately with some additional support.

We're sorry to hear that Lifeline wasn't helpful for you, but we'd urge you not to give up in finding the right support that works for you. Sometimes different counsellors with particular skills, and even personalities, can meet your needs and expectations in different ways. Our friends at Suicide Call Back Service are also always available to you during overwhelming moments like these on 1300 659 467, or through webchat at: https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/phone-and-online-counselling/

We're all here to help you through this, and please keep updating us on how you're going whenever you feel ready to. 

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Sorry you are feeling this way truermyself,

I had severe anxiety OCD...... I understand how tiring anxiety can be..... it’s exhausting..,,

ive now recovered thanks to the help of professionals...

have you spoken to your gp about the way it’s affecting you? Have you tried any antidepressants? I was put on a antidepressant to help manage my anxiety...

you could do a mental health plan with your gp this will then enable you to see a psychologist who can give you many strategies to help you deal with your anxiety....

Feel that heart beating inside your chest your supposed to be here.... never give up.... there is light at the end of the tunnel..

here if you want to chat