FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The War and Ukraine … Strategies that can help

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I have seen and heard so much that is going on with the war in Ukraine 🇺🇦

My heart goes out to each and every one in Ukraine.

Our minds can begin to spiral in a negative way which is sometimes fuelled by anxiety in regards to the war.

When our thoughts begin to spiral…we can:

Just allow the thoughts to be there and then allow them to float away when they come back still allow them to be there and float away….. try not to give them your attention.

What we give attention to we give power to.

When we have the thoughts we can put our attention on something positive in the present moment and not what’s going inside our minds.

Focus on your breath, use your breath as an anchor this will help ground you.

If we want to do something positive for Ukraine we can pray for them and direct our positive energy towards Ukraine in their time of need to help lift them.

I believe that Ukraine are strong and very resilient people who would do anything to protect their country.

Hold high hopes for Ukraine we are with you .💪❤️

59 Replies 59

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Hanna3,

Thats absolutely beautiful that you do that. ❤️ Thank you

Yes, I listened to a children’s choir from Ukraine they were singing for world peace….. 🙏

“Praying that this war will end very soon”.

The sunflower 🌻 is the flower of Ukraine

A sunflower will stand tall and find the sunlight even on the darkest of days. ❤️🙏

I believe that “ good” will over power evil in this senseless war.

and Ukraine will win their independence and there for their freedom 🙏

❤️🙏

Doberman38
Community Member

For anyone who's particularly worried about the nuclear dimension of all this, there was a recent ABC article from an expert which significantly alleviated my own fears. It basically said that it is extremely unlikely that Russia will use nuclear weapons in this conflict and that even if they did it would probably be in a tactical context against military targets and forces (not the strategic ones, aimed at obliterating cities, which everyone was freaking out over during the Cold War. They also said how if there was a confrontation with NATO, one of the things I was particularly worried about, that NATO states are well aware that Russia's policy is 'to escilate to de-escilate' and would therefore tred extremely carefully. I don't think anyone's going to let a doomsday situation happen. I just thought I'd share this since it certainly helped me 🙂

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Today the 24th of March marks the day from a month since Russia invaded Ukraine in this senseless war.

“Ukraines President Zelenskyy has asked people everywhere to show their solidarity” ..

Let’s all pray together “ as one” that this senseless war will end very soon.

We are with you Ukraine 🇺🇦 🌻❤️🙏

Hi Petal

Thankyou for your super caring thread topic

Our family stand with Ukraine

Nice1 Petal

Paul

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for the reassurance, that's good to know 🙂

It's so difficult watching all of this in the news. My heart goes out to the beautiful people affected. I can't even imagine what it's like to be in their shoes.

Thanks blondguy 😊

If anyone is interested there is going to be a “ social media rally.”

On April the 9th ……the biggest online event .

It will support Ukrainian temporary migrants. #StandUpforUkraine

I read there will be more information to follow. 🇺🇦❤️🙏

Hey Petal

appreciate the info re the online event for Ukrainian temporary immigrants on April 9

keep it coming...mental health has no geographical boundaries so showing our support to people in Ukraine is the least we can do as a nationally based organization in Australia

my kind thoughts

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

It's not only these poor people that have been decimated, they have our full sympathy in these abysmal atrocities, but what is also happening just outside of Australia, we need to be concerned about.

Geoff.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff

I hear you loud and clear and we are very.. very concerned about your point re Taiwan yet Ukraine is suffering badly as we speak. Im just sticking to the thread topic at this time.

My best always

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Paul, thanks, and yes I accept what you are saying, but I am so flabbergasted by what Putin has done to these innocent people and if we do believe what the media has told us, his acts are totally barbaric with no consideration to anyone.

It will take Ukraine years to be able to repair it's city and where is all this debris going to be deposited, it's just hideous.

My heart goes out to all these people.

Geoff.