FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The internal and healing power of the mind to help us overcome our situation

Elephant86
Community Member

The mind is a powerful thing when you say you want to do something it will tell you to do something else. The question is

what can I do to control the mind and my thoughts?

how do I get control of my thoughts so it doesn't over whelm me?

It is a matter of teaching yourself to be disciplined and step by step doing things that help you heal and bring back control. Beleive me I know how hard it is to get control of life and to keep your mind under control. There are many things you can do to help yourself it is just finding out what works and helps you recover from your situation. Ill use me as an example since being diagnosed with bipolar at 15 my life changed but I had to adapt I have to be willing to accept change and work with it. Life will sometimes give you lemons you just create lemonade.

The way i use to control my thoughts is through having a practice of meditation everyday you can start with just 10-15 minutes a day. With the bipolar it was always hard to keep control of thoughts so I coose to practise my meditation and focus on what I can change not what I can't. A great example I am epileptic and the doctor said I can't drive but you know what I told myself despite my set back I decided to have a positive thought and a forward thinking percpective. I knew in my heart this happened to me for a reason so I could experience this so I can help others through there difficulties because I have walked in there shoes and struggled but I always had a positive spin on life. I tell myself you need to keep walking because you havn't reached the top of the mountain.

I could have chossen to be ill all my life but I made a defining powerful decision to just focus on what I can control not what I can't. Live in the moment and by gratful for the sunshine and every meal you eat because not everyone has what you have.

There are people in third world countries who would love to have your plate of food so be gratful for what you posses and never take it for granted. There are times where you will feel powerless but you must realise the inner strength of the mind and the power of love in your heart and the power of powerful self talk will help you through the dark night.

I think giving to others and thinking how do I help someone else and looking outside yourself is important. Looking around and see who needs you help. I think find you skill harness it to help and support your community.

I beleive disability is a word you can choose to let it define you or you can define it by standing up to your adversity and facing your challengers a step at a time.

Have a wonderful day  

0 Replies 0