FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sometimes Hearing Voices if triggered

Sandym0
Community Member

Mental Health and Psychiatric Ward

Hi there. Recently I started to hear voices, for so many reasons. And I know how it started, but don't want to blame anyone. Apart from this I also have a addiction problem. For which I am already doing a program called Opioid Replacement Treatment. But because of hearing voices, I might have to go to hospital if needed. I am just worried at the moment, I am managing it with quite a okay. If I go into the hospital, and they lock me up in a seculsion ward and something. If I am having a episode, and they can't understand. Or they just do it, if I tell them. This is happening will they give me something to settle down. And not feeling the pain. As I said I have a physical pain in the body too, plus I am a upper limb amputee. What I can do in that kind of situation. I am very compliance person. I don't have a problem with following instructions. All I can bear is a pain. And as a public hospital they should have all my details. So they don't stop any of my medication. I am already taking. Because there are so many people upset with me. They just don't like me at all. And can I tell them what my triggers are so that, they can help me with that too. I actually did send a email to MHRT, for which people have already been so upset with me. Thanks

2 Replies 2

Flop
Community Member

Hi Sandy,

I'm in no way qualified to comment on your situation and your struggles, but my understanding is hearing voices in your head doesn't immediately warrant you to be locked up in a psyche ward, I believe that's a place for people who cannot help themselves, whereas you seem to be living a life despite your problems.

I 100% recommend you to seek out any help you believe you need. These people would be professionals who only want what's best for you, and could really change your life for the better.

I'm sorry for all you're going through, stay strong. You'll get through this and be all the better for it 🙂 

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sandym0,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
I'm so sorry for your challenge, and I can tell it must be very hard for you.

It's good that you're on treatment plans. Make sure you discuss your situation- the voices you're hearing with your treatment team. They can provide guidance and assess whether any adjustments to your treatment plan are necessary. It will also be helpful to ring BeyondBlue hotline 24/7 for more guidance and resources.

If you feel that you're in immediate danger to yourself or others, don't hesitate to contact emergency services or go to the nearest hospital. They can assess your situation and provide appropriate care.

In addition, you do need a support network. Try to reach out to trusted friends, family, or support groups who can provide emotional support during this time. Having a strong support system can make a difference in your journey towards recovery.

Hope everything will be better.
Mark