FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Someone please help me! Feeling trapped!

GreyDonkeys
Community Member

Hi everyone. 

i have posted before on here but i really just need to get something off my chest and need your advice. these last few years i have had these so called memories come to me of when i was young. They are not happy ones. i have a feeling i could have been possibly sexually abused when i was younger but i'm not 100% sure and i don't know what to do. in recent weeks i cannot stop thinking about it. it makes me sick to my stomach that it is a possibility and due to this my anxiety and depression have become a lot worse. i spent all day crying yesterday just thinking about how much easier it would be if i just went to sleep and never woke up. 

the more i think about it the more i feel it happened. i have these memories and i have always hated people touching me, i cant stand to look people in the eye. I've never had a boyfriend and i struggle with intimacy. i get distracted and cannot concentrate. i have had anxiety/depression for the last 7 years with no real trigger. it is effecting my life massively. i feel that i am always going to be alone and it really scares me. Please HELP!! i am going crazy.

2 Replies 2

Ruth_M
Community Member

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and for sharing so bravely about what you are experiencing. You sound really distressed- have you talked to anyone about what is happening for you? If not, we'd really recommend finding a counsellor that you connect with. This would offer you a space to explore these memories and fears and the impact it is currently having on you with someone who can help you to do so in a way that feels manageable, safe, and contained. If you don't have a counsellor/therapist, you can ask for a referral from your GP. You can also call the beyondblue Support Line to find out about recommended services in your area: 1300 22 46 36. They are also really good to chat to if you are feeling particularly down and need some support to get through the day. We hope this helps- keep us posted with how you get on. 

Best wishes

beyondblue moderation team

S_A_D_
Community Member

Try hypnotic regression therapy. Worked for me.