FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sick and Tired of Intrusive Thoughts! >:(

KFPDW
Community Member
Honestly, I'm at a point where I'm just done! I'm having intrusive thoughts all the time and I'm so sick and tired of being stuck in my own head. I do what I can to make changes to improve things but Noooooo, I try but it's still there. I'm Fed up!! 😞 😠 I'm so sick and tired of it. I constantly feel like I'm in one place and people are in another. I try to build a bridge the disconnect is still there. I'm trying my best and sometimes it feels like I'm even at my best, it's not good enough. I just want the thoughts to stop!!! 😞 I'm trying to move on and not let it get to me but it's not working. I look up what to do and all the websites says is accept them and move on. I need something more to work with than just that. I do know what to do and I need help to stop these stupid thoughts from popping up and have a more positive mindset. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make more positive changes to stop the intrusive thoughts from happening?
11 Replies 11

minkey
Community Member

Hi KFPDW,

I am also struggling with repetitive intrusive and negative thoughts and I hate them so, so much.

One thing I am doing to try and address this is affirmations. You can write them down and say them to yourself daily, or find some on youtube to listen to -- there are some videos specifically for intrusive or obsessive thoughts. You could even record your own and listen to them at a time which suits you, e.g. when you're working on something or when you're sleeping. Continually reinforcing the affirmations is supposed to help retrain the subconscious mind, and help your mind be more positively focused. So that could be another strategy to try. Let me know if you have any questions about that. 🙂

KFPDW
Community Member

Hi Minkey,

Thanks for replying to my post and I'll keep what you have said in mind. 🙂 I'm willing to give anything a go so I'll try those videos. Hopefully they will help. 😉