FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Running out of options

Daydream
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Long term (20yrs) anxiety and depression but treatment resistant. Ive tried everything.. all kinds of med and med cocktails. Some played havoc with appetite and weight . Course of TMS didnt work. The anxiety is worse than ever atm ! Can barely function. What next???
3 Replies 3

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

I had anxiety that climaxed in 1987 aged 31yo. I had a great therapist that set me in a certain direction with relaxation specifically muscle tension exercises.

However I decided to look at every facet of my life in a big effort to rid anxiety altogether which I was successful at. Slowly over the years it went away and 22 years later- gone completely.

So, what is every facet? Living location (moved city to country), financial comfort, removing toxic people from my life (included my narc mother!), hobbies, sports (barrack for a team), joined beyondblue forum and became a community champion hence more internal happiness, did a sleep study to find I had sleep apnea and now use a cpap, chose a more relaxing profession, 1,2,3,5 and 10 year goals and so on.

Please google the following, I'd be very interested in your thoughts-

Beyondblue topic anxiety, how I eliminated it

Beyondblue topic a good night's deep sleep

Beyondblue topic distractions and variety

Repost anything

TonyWK

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

What you said in your post would be quite distressing. I would recommend everything Tony said in his reply. I am guessing that since you have been on meds, you might also have done some therapy? If so, how did that go? Was there anything there that helped you? And lastly, are there people around you that you can talk to as needed?

Listening to you

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Daydream, as we're not qualified to say, we can suggest and as you've had anxiety and depression for 20 years it tends to flow over to any situation you're in, so it seems to go with you whenever you're in any new position, and as I've found with myself is that you may need to change your whole situation because if you stay in exactly the same circumstances, the same problems will eventuate.

You can ask your doctor/psychiatrist if that's who you are seeing about ECT, and again I'm not a doctor to suggest this.

Geoff.