FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria

June_Summer
Community Member

I feel this so intensely like the world will end because perceived or real criticism of any kind. Always thought I needed to toughen up but apparently I have anxiety and RSD.

Also I feel I am never going to get the right mental health support.

3 Replies 3

Willow Jude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi June Summer,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you're experiencing with us. I understand how awful it can be to experience criticism when you are sensitive to rejection, and I can see that it's something that can be overwhelming for you.

Can I ask how you are feeling about receiving your diagnoses? Getting a diagnosis is a big step towards getting the support you need, and I'm hoping it has allowed you to be more compassionate to yourself now you know it's not a case of just needing to 'toughen up', but I understand it can come with a mix of emotions.

I hear your frustration about feeling like you're not getting the support you need. It can take some time and some changes to figure out what works best for you and your needs, and I am hopeful that you will be able to find this soon. Would you be comfortable sharing what kind of support you receive at the moment, and why you feel it might not be right for you?

-WJ

Sophie_M
Dear June Summer

Welcome to the forums and to this kind and supportive community. We are really sorry to hear that you are having these feelings at the moment and that you are worried you may not find the right support to help you manage this. Thank you for showing such courage in posting and sharing that experience.

In addition to posting in the forums, we also invite you to call or chat to one of our trained mental health professionals who will also be able to listen and offer care; it’s completely confidential and available 24/7:

To call us, contact 1300 22 4636
To use webchat, Click Here 

Thank you again for joining this community, we hope that you can join other conversations that resonate with you and read about other users and their journey to better mental health.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello June Summer, if I can just say that there have been many people indicating that the world is going to end, but it still goes on and who knows what's going to happen to ourselves tomorrow and do we actually want to know, but yes it can be a worry for some.

Feeling rejected can be a real problem and may even start with a friend beginning to do this which has much more impact than somebody you hardly know and then influence how we feel.

Your doctor can put you on a 'mental health plan', which entitles you to 10 Medicare paid sessions with a psych, where you can discuss how you are feeling.

If this does happen, perhaps you could write down any triggers that may begin this feeling, this could help you understand why.

Best wishes.

Geoff.