FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Physical symptoms do they ever leave?

Moonchild 11:11
Community Member
Hey beautiful people, I have posted a few times in the last few months since I began having panic attacks. You have all helped immensely by sharing your knowledge with me. I have been on medication for about 6 weeks now and I believe it is starting to make a difference. I haven’t had a panic attack in just over a month when I was previously having them multiple times a day so that’s amazing! I was wondering about the physical symptoms though. I have continued to experience intermittent muscle twitching, tingles and some shooting pains in my chest and back. I know everyone is different but is this something I can expect to stick around for a while? I’m not feeling anxious anymore… and I don’t feel like I’m anticipating them when they happen but I notice them when they do. I read that medication can cause them but I do feel like they were there before that, it’s hard to remember to be honest it all seems like a bit of a blur. Thank you in advance for your help, much love xx
3 Replies 3

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Moonchild,

Its so good to hear that your mh is improving for you and your feeling better within yourself...

Maybe if you could make an appointment with your Dr, and let him know the symptoms that you are experiencing....sometimes our meds might need adjusting if they are causing any uncomfortable side effects...or to rule out anything else...It may help to settle your mind a bit,,

I have heard that meds effect us differently..I was lucky and didn’t really get any bad side effects when I started on them..and they really are helping me a lot...

Please keep us updated on how your going..

Kind thoughts lovely Moonchild..

Grandy..

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Moonchild 11:11

Im glad that our support has helped you.

Thats great that your medication is making a difference, in regards to the symptoms you are still experiencing in my experience all of my anxiety symptoms disappeared over time.

As Ggrand has said maybe a visit back to your gp could help. Just mention what you are still experiencing.

When I started medication I saw my gp regularly , my gp managed my medication for me and always asked how I was feeling.

Thank you both very much… I will absolutely discuss with my dr and see what she says. Unfortunately I’m currently experiencing a bit of a setback, physical sensations are a big trigger for me mostly anything that increases my heart rate.. I engaged in some intimate time with my partner two nights ago as I have been feeling much more normal lately and we had been lacking in that department. As much as I felt I had moved on I was still very aware of my heart in that moment and found it hard to think about anything else. Yesterday I found I was back to checking my pulse periodically throughout the day something I had stopped doing and today I woke up anxious… heart was racing within 10 minutes of being awake. I believe in this instance I triggered myself with the focusing on my heart… I just don’t know how to move past that.. I had moved past it and was doing so much better but now im right back where I was 🙄