FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

On the beautiful and wonderful pathway of healing and compassion

Elephant86
Community Member

Everyone on earth is on there different pathways in life and we all learn from our own experience and in life we all face different but great challengers in life.

We have to try to figure out how do I heal how do I recover .

What steps do I need to take on my healing pathway?

There are different things that help each of us heal because no two people are exactly the same not even twins. So we have to work out what helps you to heal.

I could be a myriad of different things it could be like me listening to Mariah Carey to relax and stay calm.

You could choose to watch a comedian on TV and laugh. Laughter and joy are simply the best medicine.

It could be taking the dog for a walk or going for a run in the park.

It is totally up to you what you feel helps you to heal with the guidance of your family and your doctor bud patch adams.

You might love to cook a wonderful meal for the family. I love cooking and helping my mum to prepare meals for the family. With my mum I am learning to cook curries which is bringing love and joy to my home.

You could like to do a DIY project like build a table or a book case to help you recover.

All these activities are unique and different and all connect and help us in different ways. there are some people who love pop music but others who love ACADACA these are all different.

We must always love and respect peoples differences and never treat people differently because they are different.

Every one is wonderful powerful and unique in there own way.

For me I love meditation , cooking reading and cycling. This is what they call your cup of tea or what you like to do.

You must find things that bring you peace calm and bring your body and mind back to harmony.

You must not change who you are because you are beautiful you find out what activities work for you and find out what makes you happy. Sit down with your mum, partner and support and figure out the right activities for you . 

Call it my happy list

You must never feel defeated by your disability because the most important word in the word in your ability to acheive the impossible. You look at the mountain and you don't say how high is it and Im scared

You say what steps do I take and who is there to support me up the mountain. You are never alone you have your mum, dad, family, doctor a whole myriad of people who want and wish to support and love you through the difficulties.

Despite the fact of me having 4 disabilities I choose to stay positive and looking towards what I can acheive and not what I can. I will tell you I will never have my divers licence because of my epilepsy but I choose to focus on what I can control.

The main thing is to find your passion find your skill and harness that ability and focus on what you can do and not what you can't.

Everyone has there own super power and own ability Mine is cooking and looking after others. Look deep into your heart and find your inner strength to stand up to your challengers and say.

I will stand agianst adversity and never let it defeat me I am powerful beyond measure

Light a candle and give your family a hug and tell them you love them.

Showing love to everyone is such a powerful superpower. 

Everyone is a super hero with all there special powers to share.

0 Replies 0