FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Night time panic attacks

Zevon
Community Member
Have just started experiencing panic attacks, generally related to my claustrophobia . I wake up several times a night fearing death or worse, being in a confined space. I use DBT techniques and yin yoga to try and sort it out. At the end of the day, with all my “skills” and practice, I can’t sleep properly. The unsubstantiated fears have overcome my ability to sleep, and disrupt my life. Does anyone else experience this? It’s my worst waking nightmare. Any ideas?
1 Reply 1

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Zevon and welcome to our community forums

Waking up with a panic attack is not good is it? To be honest, if there was a solution, then I'd love to know what it is. I too experience this regularly. Mine I think could be managed better if I was able to use the machine for sleep apnoea, but I can't. Therefore I wake in shock and a pounding heart. It takes hours to get back to sleep. This doesn't help you much I know. Just wanted to let you know that sleep deprivation is alive and well in our community here.

If you want, there is a thread called - Sleep. It's located under the Staying Well forum. Feel free to join the discussion or any other that you think is similar to yours.

I'm sure others will pop in here to give you their experiences and ideas for helping you sleep.

Kind regards

PamelaR