FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Nervous and anxious about everything especially funeral today

Sarah8
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hello all I have anxiety and have my husbands mums funeral today. I am extremely nervous as it's a private funeral and my family are there and are quite judgy and in worried about what they will say. I know it's stupid and I should be focusing on my husband and his mum but I can't. Please help me
3 Replies 3

Jugglin_Strugglin
Community Member

Funerals are not good for anyone. Most people are 'on edge' beforehand, for various reasons.

Perhaps if you try to concentrate on your breathing. Deep breaths in, slow breaths out.

Whatever happens, you are not responsible for anyone in your family, or their actions. We all know we can't choose our family. If they say anything 'judgy' just walk away. Don't respond or interact in anyway. Your inlaw family can only form opinions about you by your own actions and words.

My sympathy to your husband and you on your loss.

Lee

rachealw
Community Member

Hi Sarah,

I hope you were able to find comfort for yourself for the funeral. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your husbands mother and your mother in-law. Please allow yourself to be kind to you. I know times would be stressful but please just remember to breathe and if you need to take a moment to yourself by all means take it.

You and your husband is what matters. Not the opinion of anyone else is isnt supportive. We all know the saying you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family. It's not always about being blood related but its about who's in your life that make it worth it. That's a healthy boundary to have.

Listening to you

Kind Regards

MY thoughts are with you

Justhighstone
Community Member

I understand your concerns about your family's judgment during the funeral. It's a challenging situation, but your primary focus should be on supporting your husband and paying your respects to his mom. Remember, your feelings are valid, and it's okay to lean on those who offer you support and understanding. Stay strong and take it one step at a time.