FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Needing Answers

rosiee_
Community Member
I know I have a problem and it's been coming and going for a few years now.

I went to my local GP and finally went and saw someone. She made me feel stupid as i couldn't answer her questions like what causes you to feel this way what are you doing when you get these feelings and most of the time honestly nothing.

I have not been able to pin point what causes these feelings I could be watching my favorite tv show and I could get a hot cold flush, feelings like I'm dizzy and my heart skips a beat and its just horrible.

I find myself being so emotional over everything and I cry a lot over the littlest things.

She has put me off going to see someone else, I dont want to go on any medication I want to treat myself naturally and I dont think I can afford $120+ an hour.

Ive come to the point where im stuck I dont know what to do and Im just over feeling this way its taking it out of me and I constantly feel nervous and sick.

I just want this dark period in my life to end.
2 Replies 2

Pixie15
Community Member

Hi rosiee,

Sorry you have been put off seeking help. I think I had similar difficulty when I did some CBT earlier this year. I was way out of touch with my feelings. The psychologist poking away at me with questions made me feel like some strange creature washed up on a beach with someone poking a stick at it or that is how I described it to myself at the time. Anyway I am glad now that I stuck it out. But I really had to push myself to decide to trust the psychologist and posting here on the BB helped.  Peace.

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi Rosiee  

I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way and it’s not a good thing to have to handle … or to handle alone.  

While this site is brilliant for compassion and support, and we try to offer as much useful advice as possible to posters, there are times when someone really does need to go to the next level to try and combat what’s happening to them.  

With regard to seeing your GP, it shouldn’t be costing you near $120 … I’m guessing that’s for a psyche, yeah?   But also in regard to the local GP that you mentioned, personally I would not be going back to that person.  You don’t need to be made to feel so awkward when you’re actually going to a professional and wishing to seek help.  I sure hope that you’ve got access in your location to alternative GP’s, because I’d be definitely going to see another one.  

And I’m totally hearing you when you say you can’t identify what’s causing these feelings inside you … that’s just part of this illness … sometimes there are triggers and other times it’s so hard to put a finger on why you’re like this … and it’s bad enough trying to work it out in your own mind, let alone having someone put you on the spot.  

It’s a difficult time for you Rosiee, I hope you can find something very soon that will be able to assist you … and please come back on here and post again and let us know how you’re going.  

Cheers  

Neil