FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

is this really anxiety.

Dylan90
Community Member

Hi can anyone relate to my physical symptoms. I am just struggling to beleive this is anxiety and im constantly worried about my heart. I have had echo, nuclear stress test, holter monitor 24hr, a number of ecgs and bloods and xryay all ok.

Chest pain on and off during day.

Shortness of breath.

Left arm ache and sometimes tingling.

Jaw pain mainly left side.

Back pain upper back.

Neck pain.

Dizziness some days.

Feeling empty below sternum.

Rib pain.

My doc assures me everything is good but im still worried. Also im 24 male and good blood pressure and cholestrol and resonably fit.

3 Replies 3

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Dylan,

I also have had some of these anxiety symptoms. Physical symptoms often do accompany anxiety, and this can include things like shortness of breath, aching, and a sore or tense back and/or neck. When I am anxious I subconsciously tense my muscles (even in my sleep), so I get both lower and upper back pain, and neck and shoulder pain. It sounds as though you do have anxiety. Have you been diagnosed with anxiety by your doctor? A formal diagnosis might help you move on from the fear you're experiencing at the moment. You are healthy, have undergone a range of medical examinations, and have been given the all-clear by your doctor, so I really don't think you could have any heart problems.

You could be experiencing what is known as health anxiety. I have been there. Make an appointment with your doctor to discuss solutions for your anxiety, fears, and concerns.

Good luck with everything 🙂

Best wishes,

SM

joeljoel
Community Member

Hey Dylan 

That definitely sounds like anxiety to me. I experienced similar symptoms and after checks I was actually diagnosed with anxiety.

If you have a clean bill of health and are still experiencing these symptoms it is most likely a result of anxiety. 

Best. Joel. 

Coggles
Community Member

Hi dylan

i am sure it is. When you have physical symptoms it tends to make it much worse. I am having the exact same thing.

i have sore joints, left shoulder and arm are constantly sore, at times it feels like a heart attack when the heart races and the pain it high but all tests come up clear. 

It is terrible I haven't been diagnosed yet, think they want more tests. But I have noticed they come and go and when I am more relaxed for a longer period of time they go away.

i think I am close to you as in stress and anxiety of the uncertainty of what it is until diagnosed. Try finding something relaxing to do take your mind off everything for a time to ease it a bit until it is found. most of mine is muscle so I help it with tiger balm and it soothes the tension for a while and helps me think.

the road ahead maybe rough but the right attitude will get you through.