FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is there a correlation between anxiety and tinnitus?

Guest_6804
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

3 months ago I experience my first overwhelming attack of anxiety and im still processing it all. I just wanted to ask the community if anyone also notices tinnitus just before an anxiety attack?. Initially my tinnitus was 24/7 but as the first wave of anxiety subsided so did the tinnutus. To date ive had 3 waves of anxiety and have noticed my tinnitus comes with it. Would love to hear all your thoughts. Thankyou for reading.

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Guest_6804~

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find others here who have had similar problems.

I can't answer you directly becuse I have had tinnitus for very many years due to an accident and so it never stops. What I can say is I have a number of physical effects directly caused by an anxiety condition, from stomach pains to breathing problems and when about to/or having a panic attack those symptoms are more pronounced and I also notice my tinnitus more.

I would suggest it is probably to easy to put down a physical symptom to anxiety. All mine have been thoroughly tested until only my mental health condition is left and I would suggest you do the same thing and get physically tested. After all it may be a physical condition triggered by something in your anxiety attacks.

Croix