FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Im done with life

James-nick2022
Community Member

Hey everyone, recently 

i'm struggling with self-harm and i was struggling alot to cope i still am 

i was told that i wouldnt make it to 12 im 14 but im just done with life pls help 

6 Replies 6

Sophie_M
Hey James-nick2022,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue online forums. It was so brave of you to reach out here. We can understand how difficult it must be to feel like you're done with life. We're sorry to hear that's what's going on for you right now. 

Please know that we are concerned about your wellbeing, and we would like to talk through these feelings with you. A member of our team will be getting in touch with you privately to check in, we hope that's ok. If you'd like to reach us directly, we're on 1300 22 4636 & online.

If you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on your thoughts about self-harm, this is an emergency, and you need to call 000 (triple zero). If you do not require immediate support, we’d suggest reaching out to Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800. Kids Helpline offers free phone counselling services 24/7 or you could also contact that via email or webchat through their website: https://kidshelpline.com.au/

We’d love for you to check back in here and let us know how you’re going. Maybe you could share a bit more about what’s going on for you? Our community is full of lovely people, and some have experience of dealing with self-harm, or with feeling like they're done with life. We’re sure they’d love to hear a bit more about you and may drop by and share their thoughts here once they spot your post.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi James-nick2022,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Im sorry you are struggling with self harm.

Are you currently seeing a health professional?

We are here to listen to you if you want to tell us more.

Hi, welcome 

I'm so glad you wrote in.

I'm much older, 66 in fact but I do recall the most difficult part of my life- from 12-15yo. Kids at school were cruel, teachers not understanding enough and lack of happiness overall.

The good news is that this situation improves. Once you get past yhat age you can gain some control over your life.

For example at 17yo I joined the Airforce. It was a big move but I had lots of new friends, a career and travel. A big difference to when younger.

I hope you get some support from school counsellor or a family member because life can be really great and you write really well

Cheers

TonyWK 

Baileysmells
Community Member

Hey James, it’s sucks to see you talk like that. Do you want to shed some light on why you are done?

Early teens are the awkward stage they say, kids can be very cruel. We’re figuring out the bigger questions in life, we’re settling into our personality and by extension- our friendship/s 

Try to keep in mind that every time you wake up, every day that begins- is a chance that something will get better. If you try and open yourself up to that, and embrace it through action it may be anle to help you.

Stay strong bud 

Monswa
Community Member

Heey. I completely understand how you are feeling right now. We are in the same boat. Been suffering so bad. Wouldn't let a dog suffer like I do. Bad breathing for years and now palpitations palpitations. Doesn't stop. 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello James-nick, hi and pleased to meet you, and realise you aren't feeling well at all, I'm so very sorry, because there must be so much going through your mind, way too much to even contemplate and only wishing you had someone to talk to.

Many of us have been through this ourselves at your age, but know that it could be totally different to what you are struggling with now.

Please know that you might feel it's difficult to come back to us, however, there are many people who want to listen to what you want to say and there is no judgement at all.

I have supported you and really hope you can post back to us.

Geoff.

Life Member.