FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

If you could describe your anxiety in one word, what would it be?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

There is a thread under Depression just like this so I thought why not start an anxiety one?

My word is:

Attacking

924 Replies 924

Pennywise
Community Member
Empowering

Nightmare

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Pennywise,

Interesting word choice. Do you mean to say it takes over you or does it make you feel empowered? If so I'd love to hear how.

Thanks for posting

CMF

Zeal
Community Member
My anxiety is....ingrained

Guest_5218
Community Member
Controlling

Suffocating

Pennywise
Community Member

Hi CMF.

I was gonna say "challenging" but some days when you're in control and you can manage to quiet your thoughts you do indeed feel empowered. I say "empowered" because people with anxiety are still able to live "normal" lives (as society would phrase it). They can have relationships, kids, pretty much anything they desire as much as the next person only you have to fight for it harder. That challenge in every day makes you strong. On the days that you feel strong does anyone feel empowered too?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

debilitating

Yes Pennywise, when I don't have anxiety I can take on the world. Sounds like you are turning it around, back on the anxiety ie when it's not present so you're back in control. it's a feeling of satisfaction isn't it?

cmf

Pennywise
Community Member

CMF i also burn up alot of my anxiety while running. Im actually a better runner now than i used to be and enjoy it alot more. I run every day and it really seems to help.

The fact that you can still go on even though you have anxiety makes you a strong person even though you dont feel like one.