FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I think I'm descending into 24/7 panic

Ellie05
Community Member

Hello,

I've been posting on this forum for a few months now. I started around the time my anxiety started. There are a range of issues feeding it, but it's as though the anxiety has taken a life of it's own and I've simply descended into 24/7 panic. I'd been getting better slowly, but over the last few days it's been getting bad, really bad.

Yesterday I spent the day with my sister, today was spent with a friend (both understand what is happening). Now that I'm on my own I'm a complete shaking mess and am completely freaking out. I just spent the last 20 minute rolling around on the floor, calling out for help like a crazy person. I calmed down enough to write this post but am shaking like mad. 

Has anyone ever been in this situation? I don't know what to do. I really struggle to eat something and getting through the day is such a struggle (getting through the night is even worse).

Did I mention that I'm starting a new job tomorrow? I don't think I'll get much sleep beforehand!

2 Replies 2

Mummybee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Oh Ellie05,

sounds like you're in a bad way at the moment.

is it the new job that has your anxiety spiked? Perhaps getting through your first day will help to ease the panic?

have you seen your gp about these feelings?

thinking of you,

mummybee 

Ellie05
Community Member

Hi Mummybee,

I saw my GP this morning. I've taken half a 'strong' benzodiazepine and it doesn't seem to have done anything.

I actually worked at the job as a temp for three weeks before taking the permanent role. I think I'm worried I'll be really unhappy there which has spiked the anxiety. I have a lot of other deep seated concerns/fears that play a role. 

I had a moment there were I wound down and thought I was going to sleep. It didn't last long. I guess I just have to get through the night, then I'll think about getting through tomorrow.

Thanks for your concern.