FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I feel like they just don't like me

_findingthelostme_
Community Member

I don't consider myself stupid, mean, unfriendly or uptight, nothing like that. I know I am fairly shy but lately I feel super self conscious. I know I'm not living my best life, in fact these last few years I'm just doing my best to get by. But I know work 3 jobs with 3 kids and study pt at uni, I work bloody hard and do my best. Tonight, I thought back to a few recent jobs I lost after short periods and looked up a fb site of one of them scrolling back to the week after one of them let me go giving no reason other than "deciding to go down another path", There in my seat was my replacement, this beautiful looking young girl. Perfect hair and makeup. Seeing her made me feel really ugly and unwanted, not good enough.

I returned to my old job and now I am the oldest and longest lived receptionist working there. I've seen many people come and go. Thing is, I'm still doing the same job, no promotion, no new skills, no prospects for new work and my ideas are never considered, unlike all the newbies. I am by far overqualified, I do my job well and train the other girls but the boss doesn't like me, I don't know why.

Seems like I'm not trusted and every thing I do is wrong or I say the wrong things and everytime it is picked up, yet when I hear others talking crap seems nobody is listening but me. I feel like I'm always cleaning up other peoples mess like I'm the only one that sees it and nobody every thanks me or acknowledges me. I feel unloved and unappreciated and I don't know why.

People exhaust me and I want to run from everyone. I'm so tired. Whats wrong with me? I don't know what to do about this yucky feeling inside. I don't really have any friends or family to talk about this anymore and I feel unloved.

5 Replies 5

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi findingthelostme,

Wellcome to our forums!

Sorry you are feeling this way.

Thats amazing that you work 3 jobs and go to uni…….. that’s a lot!

I’m sure your a hard worker…..

Please don’t look back always look forward……… I understand you looked back at a job but the girl you saw may not have been your replacement she could have been anyone….

Always tell your self good things about yourself………

If you are back at your old job your boss would have had to approve to you coming back… what makes you think the boss doesn’t like you?

I too use to feel yuck inside……… I decided to change my internal world I decided to see things in a positive way, I looked for the best in everything, I practiced gratefulness, I loved myself…. I spoke kindly to myself and others and I read a lot of positive affirmations……. I changed my perception on a lot of things…

In time that yucky negative feeling inside me changed to a beautiful calm loving feeling……

Im here to chat

Amanda2000
Community Member

Hi there!

I feel the same way about people. I enjoy being alone in front of the tv without any noise or movements around me. Having my family at home with me 24/7 in this covid-era has been super difficult on my mental health. I hide in a room most of the time and avoid seeing them.

I find distraction to be most helpful. I try to shift my focus onto something else. Little things - whether it's really tasting/enjoying the food that I'm eating or getting stuck into writing an email/choosing the words. Basically anything to get my mind off people.

I can relate to the feeling of being unloved and unappreciated. To cope with this, I tell myself "don't think and just do it". Once I've finished the unpleasant chores, I try to put it all behind me.

Recently I came across a line from a movie that's been a very helpful daily reminder for me - don't waste time with the bad, live with the good!

Hi Petal,

You are right, think forward. I shouldn't of looked and I unfollowed the place.

I distract myself from bad feeling a lot. Sometimes its not a good thing, especially when I need to focus. I am grateful for the good things, it's good to focus on those

Well done for unfollowing the place, yes look forward 😊

Yes practice gratefulness it really helps 😊

Your a beautiful mum focus on the good things I bet your children are beautiful and love you to bits 😊

Be with people who love you and to the ones that drain you walk away it’s a powerful thing to do for yourself…

The best is yet to come for you…. Think positive

Thank you Amanda, All those things is what I do. I feel like a walking zombie getting on with the job and stopping to notice the little things but life is draining and unhappy. I long for alone time and freedom to do what I like without pressure of having to pay bills and without the feeling of judgement but people need people and I know I need some validation that I'm needed and appreciated and something 'bigger' than myself. I have some skills and would like to develop them but its hard on your own all the time. I can't seem to find my group. 😞