FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How are you overcoming your Anxiety?

Aussie96
Community Member

I am talking to my therapist about my anxiety. She is really helping me escape from my world of anxiety.

If you need to talk there are many therapists and counselors even websites just remember you are not alone. ❤️

4 Replies 4

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Aussie96..

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums…

I am so pleased that your therapist is helping you with your anxiety and she is helping you with escaping from it…..

I think it’s a matter of finding a therapist/counsellor psychologist that we can connect to….and trust….which it seems you have found….

Thank you for reminding us all here…that we are not alone…

Its always heartwarming to hear a post with so much positivity in it….so thank you so much for sharing….

We are all here for you, to try to support you in anyway we can…

My kindest thoughts with my care, Dear Aussie96..

Grandy..

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Aussie96,

Thank you for sharing this with us, I love that you're getting so much out of your therapy sessions!

You're right, it's important to remember that we don't have to be alone in our experiences and that there are people who care and are willing to support us. 

If you don't mind sharing, what tips or techniques have you found that you really resonate with the most, with regards to reducing your anxiety? No pressure to share if you don't feel comfortable. 

SB

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Aussie96,

Thank you for your beautiful post.

Im glad that you have a great therapist to help you to manage your anxiety.

For me I have found meditation, attention training, mindfulness, staying in the present moment, not talking back to my thoughts or following them ( it takes practice), trying to stay calm and choosing my reactions helpful for when my anxiety strikes.

Thanks again 😊

psg
Community Member

Thank you for sharing ways that helped you, I believe they are great ways to manage anxiety.