FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Has anyone with anxiety experienced paranoia?

Bluey_moon
Community Member

Hi guys, 

So for those of you that have read my previous posts would know Ive had GAD and more recently obsessive thoughts.

And at the moment my obsessive thoughts centre in me being scizophrenic (even though I've been told by my GP, a psychiatrist and my pyscologist that I'm not,well that they'd put a millin dollars on me not being scizophrenic). 

My question is: previously when I'd read a lot about it, I read the symptoms. One of them being paranoia. So now sometimes I convince myself someone is watching me ect, even though I know it's not true! 

Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

Bluey

13 Replies 13

Bluey_moon
Community Member

I am going to bring it up with my pyscologist next week when I see her! 

I'm either paranoid or not paranoid.  Period.  There's no thinking behind it. Sometimes all it takes is a sign and a sign can come in many forms ie-  in a name, in a cloud formation or a bee.   I don't need a reason to feel the paranoia because I AM the paranoia.

I’m not qualified to be able to say whether you’re
schizophrenic or not but I would suggest that the fact that you know there’s no
one watching you is a good sign. I think that believing someone is watching you
in spite of the evidence would be a far worse sign.

I have GAD too. When my anxiety is up, things race around in
my mind and all sorts of things pop in that wouldn’t normally be there. When I
get my anxiety under control these thoughts are no longer a problem. The good
thing is that I have always known that they are just thoughts and have dealt
with them accordingly.

I think it’s a good idea that you are going to discuss this
with your psychologist. Hopefully she has some good ideas to help you challenge
and deal with these thoughts.

Good luck. I’ll be interested to see how you get
on.

Simona
Community Member
For me; bees are my messengers.  They have been my messengers since 2005 .  If  i see a bee land on my car or on the washing I'm hanging out it's a warning.  Because these little creatures have been following me around for years.   And once they swarmed the entire house - every window.  I was finding them in draws, kitchen cupboards and they were coming in to die.    Because they all died.  I know this sounds crazy but it's happened to me and it's true.

Thank you Dwwmills, 

i know I'm being silly! There are just days you feel as if you are going crazy! 

Thank you for replying! 

Thanks Simona for your reply, sorry I don't fully understand what you were saying! But thank you! 

Bluey_moon
Community Member
Today wasn't the best day in some respects! How do you tell if it's paranoia or obsessive thoughts about what you know and have read? 

I think I got too excited because I really wanted to explain why* I have a rigid paranoia with bees in particular.

I tend to assume everyone 'gets' me

Sorry you are having a bad day

I thank you Simona! 

I now understand! That too would make me paranoid! 

Sometimes im a bit daft, so don't take it personally, it takes me a while to catch on! 

I just wanted to say I really appreciate the time you took to reply. 

Today is a new day!