FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First time user here. Anxiety symptoms

lmslms
Community Member

Hi everyone. First time user here. I have depression, panic disorder and anxiety disorder.

At the moment anxiety is at a high for some unknown reason.

Just in relation to some of the symptoms that I have been having, which I have never had before.

Im getting muscle spams, twitches, tremors in the hands, arms and legs. have people experienced this.

Do other sufferers out there get the massive fatigue and tiredness aswell?

And do you find that when you concentrate on a symptom, it makes it worse?

thanks 🙂

13 Replies 13

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello lmslms, welcome here. In answers to your last question, I think the answer is yes. It is classic anxiety to focus on a symptom and start to panic about the possible implications. The next stage is to start going on google to try and find out what it means. I take it you're in touch with your GP about your anxiety? It can cause all sorts of physical symptoms but new ones should be checked out by a professional.

startingnew
Community Member

hello and welcome to BB

im wondering if you have any supports in place e.g psychologist, gp, support group...

i have lots of physical symptoms of anxiety and the more anxious i am the worse the symptoms are. i too fidn that the more i focus on the symptoms the more prominent they become and as JessF has said here the next steps are to research and then often adds to your anxiety.

youve said however that these are new symptoms so i think is definenlty worht speaking to your gp about it. ive actually found i get lots of shakes when i have really low sugar levels or the other way round too high. theres lots of things that could be contributing to this

best of luck, keep chatting here and again welcome 🙂

lmslms
Community Member

yes I touch with my GP and all. yes im the classic Dr Google which I know doesn't help but I do it anyway for assurance 😞

thanks for your great input

hi, yes have been seeing a physcologist.

will definitely speak with my GP about new symptoms. ive just put them down to anxiety as there are hundreds of things/feeling anxiety can cause.

thanks 🙂

good idea, it worth speaking to gp about as they are new. it could turn out to be anxiety but also many other health issues 🙂

i wish you the best, keep us updated 🙂

feel free to take a look around the forums too. you might like the bb cafe. lots of memebers are there and like to share a virtual cuppa tea/coffee

Ashleelhsa
Community Member

Hi, I just wanted to place a post here as I want to give some insight to anxiety & my personal experiences. Whilst it is definitely worth getting your symptoms checked by a healthcare professional it is also entirely possible that your anxiety alone is causing these symptoms to happen.

I have suffered anxiety for 5 or so years (I am 30). I have only recently come to accept that my symptoms are caused entirely by anxiety. I have experienced all sorts of things. If you believe it, it can come true (for YOU anyway). Anxiety can be extremely powerful, yet it is all a product of your subconscious and your interpretation of the feelings. This is why, you may experience a slight sensation, and if you associate negative feelings to it, it can be come monstrous and completely overtake your mind and body. That said, it is not physical, and causes no harm to your body whatsoever. My main point is that anxiety can cause all of the symptoms you are describing, and becoming aware of how it effects your body can be one step to reducing your fear of it, and overcoming the symptoms you experience.

Hope this has helped you answer some questions for yourself. I am a serial Googler also, but over the years (and with professional help), I have discovered that all of my symptoms are anxiety related.

thanks 🙂

thanks so much. what a great post and a great insight. I can associate many things that you have recited in your post.

most of the time it seems like I am my own worst enemy.

startingnew
Community Member

hello

im wondering how your going?