FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Do you ever feel like your heart is weak?

Deeway
Community Member

My Anxiety makes me feel like my heart is so weak like it can't keep beating and I gamer an almost constant feeling of dizziness it's very scary and off-putting. I feel like I can't do anything by myself because I'm scared of fainting or collapsing which hasn't yet happened so I'm not sure why this anxious feeling is so persistent. All I want is to get back to my normal life, this doom in my belly needs to go it's not welcome here!

I do so well for a few weeks then if anything in life goes wrong I regress so much.

Can others relate?

7 Replies 7

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Deeway,

Thank you for sharing, I understand how feeling dizzy and faint can be a scary experience. I'm sorry to hear your feelings are making it hard for you to do anything by yourself. It must be frustrating when your anxiety is persisting and you don't know why.

You're absolutely not alone, like you I get scary physical symptoms of anxiety like my heart racing. Getting a check up from your doctor might be something that can help put you at ease. Your doctor can check to make sure there's nothing wrong and perhaps reassure you. Further, you can also have a talk with your GP about what might be causing your anxiety and what you can do. My GP referred me to a psychologist and I've learned a lot about why I have anxiety and how I can overcome it.

It is great to hear that you have periods of time where everything is going well. Is there anything specific that helps you stay well?

Best wishes,

Beeee

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Deeway,

Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience - I understand your reaction completely, feelings of anxiousness can be frustrating to navigate.

I can see that Beeee has already offered some valuable advice, and I'm here to contribute my own.

There may be many reasons for these kinds of symptoms. For me personally, I find that I'm more conscious of my heart movements during an anxious episode or panic attack, so I can definitely relate to that feeling. You may find it useful to have a chat to a GP about how you're feeling, as they can offer you some professional advice on how to help you out.

Sometimes distractions can be really useful for feelings of anxiousness, something that engages your mind like meditating, writing, reading, watching a movie etc. Aside from gaming, are there any other hobbies that you enjoy that may help relax your mind?

Please feel free to keep chatting with us here 🙂

All the best, SB

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Deeway ,

Wellcome to our forums.

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

You could make an appointment with your gp and discuss how you have been feeling and how anxiety if affecting your life.

Anxiety can make us build up avoidances and the feelings of not wanting to be alone.

I understand the feeling in the belly I also experienced this I always felt like I was running from something.

Deeway
Community Member

Hi all,

I've seen my GP and tried some medications, I had side effects of the meds like swollen ankles and a rash that made me SO much more anxious of other more serious side effects, I also had very weird sleeping side effects. Anyway I'm not currently medicated and don't really want to try any more medicine. I'm currently seeing a psychiatrist who is great, I've learned a lot but I kinda forget what I've learned when I get really anxious... it's been almost 4 weeks since my last appointment though which is the longest since I started, I find if I go longer than 3 weeks between appointments I regress. My psych is very busy and hard to book though.

I may have also found a pattern with my menstrual cycle, I track my cycle and find I'm much more anxious at the beginning of my fertile window. I have had a full blood count done to see if my dizziness is iron related, it's not and my iron is good. I haven't had a hormone test done though so I think that might be good to do 🤔

Im not on any contraceptive meds but had my tubes tied 2 years ago after my 4th baby. Drs say this doesn't affect hormones though but I think seeing as I've maybe found a connection with hormones it might be worth doing.

I've had my heart tested too as I went to hospital from my first big panic attack on new years day.

Thanks for you replies ❤️

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I’m sorry you had a panic attack on New Year’s Day but I’m glad you had your heart tested.

I can relate to you in regards to our menstrual cycle I feel my anxiety increases the week before my period is due…..

Im sorry you had side effects with medication I understand this would have been hard.

Have you learned many coping strategies for your anxiety?

gloria10
Community Member

I’m sorry you’re having a tough time with anxiety, but it sounds like you’re doing the right things, like checking in with your GP and seeing a counsellor.

Do you have much coffee? I found when I have a lot of caffeine my anxiety was a lot higher, so I had to have a mild type.

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Deeway,

I'm glad to hear you're making progress, and sorry to hear about your panic attack on New Year's - they're horrible to go through at any stage, let alone a day that's meant to be about celebration and fun. I totally understand what you mean about forgetting various strategies and advice when you're feeling anxious - quite often these things take time, and effects aren't always immediate unfortunately.

It seems that way for me too, my psych is booked out weeks in advance. How often do you see your psychiatrist?

I also understand what you mean about anxiety correlating with your menstrual cycle, me too. If you're wanting to look into this further, your GP may be a good place to start.

Thank you for sharing your experience once again, and feel free to keep chatting.

SB