FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Chest pain

Glenncoco88
Community Member

Hi everyone

im just finding it weird that I’ll wake up with discomfort with chest pains. Like I’ll move my body and the top of my chest hurts. I’m guessing it’s from my anxiety as I went to the hospital to check it out and they said I’m healthy but I’m just finding it weird to be waking up with this pain.

Any suggestions or ideas why this is being brought on when I wake up?

18 Replies 18

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Glenncoco...

Its good that you went to the hospital to get things checked out...and said you’re healthy..

Maybe it could be the way you’re sleeping...maybe going to bed with a chatty mind which can tense our bodies up..

Maybe when you lay down for sleep you could try a full body meditation count down...or listen to a soothing sleep story...

These might help and there are lots of different meditation apps you can try...I use the insight app and find it good..but their are many others you could try...smiling mind is another one a lot of people use...

Kindest thoughts dear Glenncoco..

Grandy..

I might try that because it’s happening once I wake up. It’s certain movements where it hurts to move. I’ve never had this happen while having anxiety so it’s new for me.

Hi Glenncoco88,

I know a lot of people experience chest pain when they are anxious (even if the anxiety is more subtle). Like grand said, meditation exercises are great. You could also try deep breathing exercises to help with the anxiety or sometimes exercise first thing in the morning can help make that feeling go away too!

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Glenncoco,

Im pleased your going to give them a try...Without knowing it our bodies can tense up with anxiety...I’m hoping so much it will work for you..

Please let us know how you go..

My kindest thoughts with care..

Grandy..

Glenncoco88
Community Member
It’s just unusual. Like I can puff out my chest and that’s when it will hurt. I’m not having breathing troubles or anything. It’s only when I wake up as well. I’ll probably have this twice a week.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Glenncoco88,

Sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand anxiety…..

If you are still having these symptoms you could see your gp and explain how you are feeling…….

You could also do a mental health plan with your gp, this will enable you to see a psychologist who can give you many strategies for anxiety.

Im here to chat

Thank you very much. I am currently on a mental health plan and will start seeing someone.

it is hard and while I’m waiting I’m trying meditation techniques to help 🙂

That’s ok 😊

Im glad you are going to see someone.

Meditation is great I like to do the guided meditations…

Practice slowing down your breathing 😊

It’s just the pains in the chest and the random spasms and that. Like I try to tell myself I’m fine etc but it just doesn’t work.