FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Break through with stress and anxiety

TLD1968
Community Member

Hi,

From my darkness came light. A positive posting !!

I started going onto Beyond Blue due to losing my job and feeling very lost. I have suffered anxiety for most of my adult life.  I am currently medicated and have over the years accumulated many valuable tools to deal with this exhausting condition. 

I not only lost my job , I was treated unfairly and become shattered and disillusioned by my life and humans. I lost all self worth and struggled with my existence. I started a journal and worked on keeping my head above water daily. I never gave up , I knew it would never stay the same and that change would come. I applied for countless jobs , had a few interviews. I went for an interview Monday , really enjoyed chatting to the employer, I showed my authentic self. I didn't hold out much hope. I was contacted by the employer yesterday as they wanted to contact my referees. Could I possibly hold out hope ? NO. My referees contacted me with positive vibes after speaking with the employer. Could I possibly hold out hope? NO

This morning the employer rang me to offer me the position.  I accepted , I was in shock for many hours and found it hard to process. How much of my anxiety has actually taken over my life and sense of worth?  People don't seem to understand what their actions and words can do to another person. Being kind seems to be such a hard action for some. I leave these people behind and will rebuild my self awareness. I have learnt so much during this time, its invaluable. 

Please never give up !!

T

2 Replies 2

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello TDL1968,

Congratulations on your new job…that is awesome and so is your post…It’s a  very inspiring post and I’m sure that your post will give others hope that things do change..

I struggle with anxiety and find it very debilitating a lot of the time…and agree that words and actions can have a very big impact on anyone struggling with this awful illness….

Being kind to one another is one of the most important thing one person can do for another person/s…really we never know what anyone is going through and kind words can lift a person from the depth of despair into a place with a bit of light and hope….

My kindest thoughts a dear TDL1968…thank you so much for a very uplifting, hopeful and inspiring post..

Grandy..

TLD1968
Community Member

Lets try to share some light every now and then to offer a different state of mind. Sometimes this forum can be quite dark. xx