FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Birthday Blues

PsychedelicFur
Community Member

I am having birthday blues. 😞

People who I thought really cared, did not wish me happy birthday. I hope I don't sound ungrateful but people who I classified as friends.. had not even made an effort for me. Like I wished them happy birthday and they know it's my birthday. Instead all they did was brag about how they had their birthday not in lockdown last year. I said in a chat - 'Oh it's my 19th birthday tomorrow ekkk. Another lockdown birthday.' And all they could say was ; 'Well I was so lucky to not have my birthday in lockdown last year. And I spent four days in Adelaide.' And another person in the chat said ; 'Oh well I got to have seven days in New Zealand for my birthday.'

And my Nan rang up, my estranged mother's mum.. and she mentioned how my malignant narcissist mother is expecting a baby girl.

Birthday blues. I appreciate those who have made an effort me for - e.g my Dad, my Aunties and other friends. Because it's the thought that counts. I just feel a little depressed 😞 haha.

3 Replies 3

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello PsychedelicFur and thankyou for your post

I am so sorry your feeling this way, having a birthday in lockdown is the new normal and sometimes the people i expected to wish me happy birthday did not remember, it is disheartening.
Happy 19th Birthday and i hope you get to do something you enjoy, not everyone may remember but the ones who do and really make an effort are the people we are thankful for.

It is normal to be blue from time to time but its good to talk to someone. If you want to talk this through with a Beyond Blue counsellor, we’re on 1300 22 4636 or you can reach us on webchat here. It can really help to talk things like this through. Lockdown is incredibly difficult, especially when it’s affecting your school, work and relationships. Please remember to reach out whenever you need to.

Feel free to keep sharing, other members will likely be able to relate to what you’re going through.

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey,

I am so sorry about that. I really hope you are doing okay.

Firstly, Happy birthday! I hope you have an amazing day. Take care of yourself and stay safe πŸ™‚

As Happy helper88 said you can call the Beyond Blue hotline on 1300 22 4636 if you feel any bad thoughts.

I am here to chat if you need me.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Psychedelic Fur..

Along with our lovely HappyHelper88 and Sopia16...I would love to wish you a very happy 19th birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸ₯³..and wish you all the good wishes I can..

I’m so sorry that your family and friends haven’t wished you a happy birthday.....and can understand how much that must hurt you...Its seems so unfair to us..that we can remember our friends/families birthday and wish them a happy birthday when it’s theirs.....then they forget yours...You doing so....shows to them how much you are a beautiful person...

Peoples neglect of our special days can hurt us..

PF....Do something today that you like doing...maybe bake a yummy cake so you and your father can celebrate your dat together...

I really do hope PF that you can find a nice way..to enjoy your birthday...

Kind thoughts

Grandy..