FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Battling with anxiety !

Inner_strength
Community Member

Hi all !

Im struggling at the moment with my anxiety which is making me depressed . I feel empty and lost . I have good days but at the moment I'm having more bad days . I don't feel like eating and feel dizzy and unstable a lot of the time which is frightening me and making me worry more . 

I'm also due for my period which increases my anxiety . Does anyone else find that ? 

I've just started seeing a physiatrist and I try to exercise when I can . I'm also on some new ssri medication which I've been on for just over a month . I feel like I'm taking the right steps to get better but I'm still feeling this dreadful anxiety . I'm not sure what else to do .... ?

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Inner strength,

Re"I'm also due for my period which increases my anxiety . Does anyone else find that ?"  no, but being a guy wouldnt help!! lol

You are doing most of the things you should do. Sought medical help and medication. But like many mental illnesses you might need to do some self help.

I've said this many times. My anxiety started in 1987 due to a workplace incident. Took meds and therapy for 12 months and changed my job. Meds were stopped 12 years later and relaxation techniques were carried out for 25 years until my anxiety was gone!!

It is often a long term issue. So treat it like it is.

Relaxation for me comprised of

deep breathing- can be done anywhere and anytime- simple- slow deep breaths

muscle tensioning exercises- read up how to do this. I did them every night before sleeping because it also helped me sleep

meditation. For me I listened to Maharaji Prem Rawat youtube videos Sunet was my favourite. Google them

Take care.  Tony WK

Thanks Tony .

Your lucky your a guy so u don't have to put up with period symtoms ! Lol 

i have had anxiety on and off for about 10 years now and I guess I'm coming to terms with it being a long term issue !! 

Ive never done any meditation but reading a lot of peoples posts and stories it seems to really help . I will try it . I have done some muscle tensioning exercises but I should try to put it in my daily routine . Deep breathing does help me but only when my anxiety is mild , I find concentrating on my breathing in high anxiety makes me feel worse .