FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Barking dog, arrogant neighbours

Hopelesslee
Community Member

I’m currently living in a house which is totally surrounded by colour bond fencing due to housing sub division and as a result, noise is amplified to an unimaginable degree.
The neighbours have a German Shepherd dog. Over the past year I have done everything the council recommended but to no avail, in fact the last encounter was the appointed dog catcher speaking extremely rudely and blowing me off. He closed the case without giving me the opportunity to explain that I have had extremely ill health over the past 14 months. 
I’m at a point where I feel suicide is the only way to make anyone take notice of my desperation. In the last month, I did make an attempt but once again.. nothing was or has been done. The Police, Animal Welfare and RSPCA don’t want to know. I am not in a financial situation to move and have no family or friends. I’ve cried more than many oceans of tears and feel there is no solution. I’ve had so much advice but at the end of the day, I’m the one living with the noise. I guess dying is what it will take to make maybe one person realise what it’s like to live in hell on earth. 

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Hey Hopelesslee,  Thank you for your bravery and openness in sharing here as you have done in the past. It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time, and we can hear that issues with your living situation have been a struggle for you.   We’re sorry to hear you don't feel anyone is listening it must feel incredibly isolating. Is there anyone you feel you can discuss your feelings with like a GP or psychologist? It's great you've come to the forums to seek assistance from our amazing community as you are not alone!

We’re reaching out to you privately to check you’re ok. In the meantime, we’d really encourage you to give our counsellors a call on the Beyond Blue Support Service. We are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636, and the team are really good at talking people through times like this and working out options for more support. There’s also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.  If you’re feeling suicidal or are having thoughts about harming yourself, it's important that you take immediate steps to keep safe. If you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on your thoughts about suicide or self-harm this is an emergency and you need to call 000 (triple zero).   We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you, and we’re sure they’ll spot your post soon enough and have some kind words and understanding for you.   Kind regards,  Sophie M 

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Hopelesslee,

Im sorry you are feeling this way I understand it could feel distressing for you.

Sometimes if we are experiencing anxiety or another mental health condition things can seem more amplified.

Things don’t have to stay this way you can choose to see a health professional.

I understand how it feels to be living in hell on earth and it’s not a very nice place to be.

You can feel more freer within yourself and at peace within yourself with the correct help.

Sophie has given you some great advice and I think if you wanted to you could make an appointment with your gp and let them know how you are feeling and how it’s affecting your life.

A psychologist can also be be great if you wanted to see one.

Thank you for your concern. I called Lifeline a few times and found it to be very unhelpful, in fact upsetting and frustrating. I see my GP every 2 weeks to check I’m still here and I have within the past month spoken with numerous mental health counsellors. Even though I am seen and words are coming out of my mouth, I remain invisible and worthless. 

Hi Hopelessee,

Im sorry you experienced this with Life Line.

We have beautiful caring councillors available 24/7 here at Beyondblue please feel free to call them.

Ph 1300 224 636

Im sorry you feel that when you have spoken to a councillor you feel seen but remain invisible and worthless.

You are a beautiful human being and deserve all of the help and support that is available.

You can find different psychologists, you will eventually find one that you feel comfortable with.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there,

I am sorry you are experiencing this. To get it straight - you are experiencing distress from a dog barking? I am sorry.

Have you spoken to a psychologist about this? This can be most helpful. And of course, as others have suggested, you can call us here at Beyond Blue anytime at 1300 224 636.

I hope things improve soon,

Jaz xx