FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxious, overwhelmed, panic and have covid

Faithh
Community Member

Hello,

I'm really overwhelmed, panicked, stressed, anxious and just need to talk to someone.

I have covid and pretty much feel recovered except for a cough here and there but I am so worried that I still haven't received a negative test (this means I still can't be near my partner) and so I am feeling very low mood and anxious to the point of feeling nauseated and just defeated and like I will never be fully recovered. I'm aware of how dramatic I sound - but this is my panic showing up 😞

Im not sure what Im asking here, but I guess Im looking for some reassurance during this very lonely time.

Also may I add - it's 2024, and this is my first covid experience! 

Thanks for listening!

7 Replies 7

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Faithh,

I’m sorry your feeling overwhelmed, panicked, stressed and anxious, having Covid and being separated from your partner would be terrible…

I haven’t had covid…(touching wood)…but a few of my friends have, it took over a week for a negative result to be seen…while your waiting for the negative result, is their something that you like doing to keep your mind busy?…helps the time to pass quicker when doing hobbies etc…Maybe even make your partner something special if your crafty…

Its hard Faithh, being away from our loved ones…but while doing so, your keeping your partner safe, how beautiful and caring you are for doing that…

Kind thoughts sweet Faithh, and a caring hug 🤗..

Grandy..

blues23
Community Member

Hi faithh

sorry you have covid ( had ) In my experience of covid ( if your using RATS for your negative line tests they are not usually accurate and will constantly pick up positive results, u can get a Telehealth appt and ask for a lab covid test and hopefully this will come back negative ( some people stay positive for up to 2 weeks after first symptoms started then again some can keep testing positive due to the RATS it doesn’t necessarily mean u are still transmitting the virus to anyone usually the isolation period is two weeks ( u will continue to shed the virus for a while after these 2 weeks are up but it’s usually not transmitted to anyone after that two week period . Try to take it easy on ur self I’ve had Covid lots of times so the RATS said  6 times I  believe I’ve only had it twice but rats were constantly positive for a very long time after the 2nd positive. Have u got any hobbies to keep u occupied during ur iso time?   And yes u will feel better soon takes a couple of weeks as it knocks u about a bit but yes u will get better 100 % 

Faithh
Community Member

Thank you Grandy for your lovely and very comforting response and for that info on your friends - it of course helps to know others were in the same position.

Great suggestion - I'm finding it very hard to focus on hobbies to completely rid of my anxious thoughts and feelings - I'll start but then get unmotivated very quickly but I'll keep at it though.

Thanks again for your kind words during this time of stress for me 🙂

Faithh
Community Member

Hi blues23,
Thank you so much for your response. That is all very useful to know. I appreciate you taking the time to give me all that info. Very interesting about the RATS - sorry you've had it so many times! Thanks for that self care reminder as well as I do find it hard to be kind to myself as Im not used to feeling this way - and absolutely knocked about - more so mentally I feel with this - not a great recipe for me as I have a lot of health anxiety. You have also helped put my mind at ease and I appreciate you so much for reaching out.

blues23
Community Member

No worries , just look after yourself including ur mental health as the iso is the hardest part I spent mine cleaning & garden & colouring . It’s a hard time but u will get better and yes RATS can be very unreliable they pick up the virus shedding even if u no longer infected and this can go on and on it’s quite upsetting when that happens that’s why I mentioned seeing ur gp for a PCR test in a lab as they are accurate and will pick it up if u still positive or not .

Aussie.Girl
Community Member

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

It might help you to know that even once you've 'recovered' from Covid (as in most of the symptoms have disappeared), that your body will still be 'shedding' the virus for up to a week and this can cause your Covid tests to continue reacting as positive. 

In other words, the viral cells may take some time to be removed from your body completely - even once your body has fought off most of the virus. 

It may sometimes feel like sickness lasts forever, but you will get better if you continue to rest and take care of yourself.

I hope this helps ease some of your anxiety and you will be fully recovered soon. 

eloop
Community Member

I have recently have Covid as well and I have a lung disease on top so I also very worried about getting out and about again plus I got a lung infection after I to never caught it till now so it’s been really difficult so I empathise with your situation apparently it’s pretty normal to be a bit overwhelmed and down it’s a serious infection so try and give yourself a break that’s what I been suggested so good luck