FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety without obvious triggers

Moonchild 11:11
Community Member
I have recently started having some severe anxiety and panic attacks. The initial trigger for me was getting the vaccine.. I didn’t get sick physically however mentally It took its toll which came with a host of physical symptoms predominately palpitations and chest pains, rib pains, muscle twitches and shooting pains etc. I have felt pretty good the last couple of days after panic attacks for a wk straight… I went a solid 3 days without palpitations, or overly noticeable pains. however the physical symptoms have returned last night… and I’m genuinely clueless as to why the relapse. I didn’t feel anxious at the time when the chest pains started. I practiced my tools, breath work etc and tried to go to sleep. No dice. There it was, that oh so noticeable heartbeat… I tried my best to get through it but ended up having to get up and take medication and wait for an hr before I was able to sleep. I am still learning a lot about anxiety but this is the part I don’t understand. I can correlate the physical symptoms when actually anxious or stressed but when it comes on for no apparent reason I’m stumped. I sat and cried last night because I felt so defeated. I’d been doing so well and was starting to feel normal and now I’m right back to where I started. I woke up this morning, palpitations as soon as I got up 😞 rather than sitting and dwelling I thought I would reach out to my fellow sufferers for some clarity. Is anyone able to explain this part to me? Why the anxiety without obvious triggers can occur? I would be most grateful for any info at this point. xx
6 Replies 6

Rainbowpolly
Community Member

Moonchild

I have no advise but I can tell you, you are definitely not alone in feeling like this, I have been having the same for weeks now to, mine was an accumulation of many things but the last 2 weeks have been because of the vaccine. I called the help line for Bb and they were wonderful, maybe give them a call and have a chat it might be what you need to talk to a person, hearing a kind voice and someone who listens may help ease it even a little and give you some answers.

Be kind to yourself and I hope we all find the answers we need at this difficult time xx

Thank you very much for your reply, sometimes knowing others share our experiences makes them a little more tolerable… the panic attacks and this current bout of anxiety and new symptoms is a relatively new thing for me… of course I’ve been anxious at times before but this is different. This is the first time I’ve really felt like my brain and body have gone rogue… I was just feeling like I was getting back to myself when the symptoms came back unexpectedly. I’m trying not to be too hard on myself I know it’s a journey but it’s so hard to not be able to identify what’s triggering it… that makes me feel like I can’t work to fix it if that makes sense? Thank you I may give them a call later and see if that helps xx

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Moonchild 11:11,

I understand anxiety can very debilitating at times….

Keep practicing your strategies…. have you tried meditation?

I found the mornings where the worst time for my anxiety it improved during the day and night but when I’d wake up in the morning the same process would repeat……. Ive now recovered from my severe anxiety…. Some days were better than others just hang in there and know better days are on there way.

Your not alone.

Thank you for your reply. It sure is debilitating are there any meditations you are able to recommend? I have tried a couple on YouTube but they were very short and I couldn’t focus on them to be honest.

I like to meditate to anything that is guided…..

“guided meditation learning to watch your thoughts “

maybe try to search the above 😊

jsm1974
Community Member

I can certainly relate as well. My situation right now is incredibly stressful, so anxiety is to be expected, but it isn't clear what is actually triggering the many attacks I've be having each day.

One thing that has helped a bit is visualizing myself at some non-specific time in the future feeling good. The only detail I imagine is where I am when I'm feeling this way...I don't imagine any specifics about my wife, my job, my finances....only that I'm feeling really good, like I have beaten whatever it is that was making me feel so bad. It can take a while to click, but when it does it is even easier the next time. It instills in me, at least temporarily, a deep sense of hope that is not dependent on any particular aspect of my life, so I don't then doubt that it will actually happen. Over the last few days this seems to have helped to at least decrease the frequency of the attacks, so I hope it can help you as well.