FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety non stop

JulieS101
Community Member
My parents had a big fight after some uncomfortable truths came out. At the time my mum said she was going to move out which stressed me out tremendously. This brought back anxiety as my parents separated when I was 13-14 which was extremely traumatising as both had mental breakdowns and as a young teenager I lacked security for a bit of time. My parents sorted out the recent alteration however my anxiety is not relenting. I wake up every morning experiencing a panic attack and am constantly worrying. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to deal with this constant anxiety.
3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi JulieS101,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand that anxiety is hard to deal with I use to suffer with severe anxiety and I had panic attacks they were horrible.

Please make an appointment with your gp and discuss how you are feeling and how your anxiety is affecting your life. You could do a mental health plan together this will enable you to see a psychologist.

You really can learn how to manage your anxiety with the correct help.

Im here to chat

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi JulieS101

You are strong for posting as any type of anxiety can be horrible to experience

Petal (above) has made an excellent point where our GP's are concerned....If possible....make a double appointment with your GP as you will feel so much better afterwards...

I used to have chronic anxiety for a long time and understand your pain

The forums are a safe and non judgmental place for you to post. Any questions are always welcome Julie!

my kind thoughts

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jules, remembering what happened years ago, especially by your parents having mental breakdowns, is a great concern that has been institutionalised in your past memory and would definitely be a worry you hope doesn't happen again, because people placed in this situation can not be of any support, something you are really worried about.

Your parents must still love each other as your mum isn't moving out, although some uncomfortable truths were said, hopefully, they will work through this and reestablish their marriage, and to expect what did happen years ago will be all different now as time has passed, so try and attach yourself with either or both parent, that will dismiss any anxiety you may be suffering from.

If you are 25 years or under, you can contact Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 by phone, webchat or online, these people are trained counsellors and they dress in casual clothes, which seems to break down any relationship and talk just as if you are a mate.

You can also ask your parents if they would benefit from some counselling as well, and perhaps you could go with them.

Hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.