FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety anxiety anxiety πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ€―πŸ˜ͺ

Towers_chris9009
Community Member
So this week have been working from home due to covid. My anxiety levels have been last pretty much everyday it's seems like it's difficult to talk to anyone about it even when I get reassurance from my family it seems it doesn't minimise  thinking the absolute worst ,  everyday extreme loneliness fear of not doing my job properly even though my boss has praised me for my hard working efforts but I don't seem to recognise my hard work feel of no self worth numbness dizzy spells is just some of the symptoms I've been facing pretty much all week I feel as though it's not going to pass and I fear something is terribly wrong but I know its just in my head but the fear feels so bloody real!!!! The extreme butterflies in my stomach the heart palpitations urrgghhhh.......ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING IS ALL I CAN SAY!!! The battle I face with myself I feel so alone.....
3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Towers chris9009?

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way I understand anxiety can be hard to deal with.

Have you ever seeked professional help for your anxiety?

I have a lived experience of severe anxiety OCD but I’ve now recovered thanks to the professional help I received.

You really can learn to manage your anxiety.

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Towers_chris9009,

I hear you. Anxiety can be incredibly frustrating, exhausting and challenging.

Working from home can definitely make people feel isolated and even when we are getting praise it sometimes doesn't stick with us as we have a million other things running through our minds.

Would you feel open to speaking to someone you trust at work about what you are going through for example a boss? Often they don't know what we are going through and a lot of organisations have support that they can provide.

We are here for you!

Heidi17
Community Member
I can definitely relate to your feelings. I also have recently been experiencing extreme anxiety levels. It has been in the last month or so. Just seems to have occurred from nowhere. I have been going to the GP and have now got an appointment with psychologist. My GP has just put me on an antidepressant. So making steps. Have you been prescribed anything for your anxiety? Or sought professional help? I am interested in seeing if the antidepressant and psychology will work for me. So can't anything yet, but I would try to get some help for your feelings. My anxiety is like yours, I catastrophise my thoughts. Thinking the worst. I know I need to change my thinking. I have recently started having insomnia which is very new for me, because I have always been a great sleeper. I am going through start of menopause which I think is the cause of my anxiety. Maybe you are in the same age category?