FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and employment.

Beaser
Community Member

Hi and best wishes to everyone.

I was wondering how people cope at times with the thought of changing employment. I been in one job for the past 12and a half years in that time i have had mental health issues and they have been more than supportive and understanding especially with my needing time off. I m just feeling that i need a fresh start and have had a interview recently. The reason being i feel that my work is also affecting my mental health with having to put up with unhappy and disenchanted colleagues,basically workplace politics. Im really scared do i need to make a change or put up with the downside of my job. It has got to the stage where i wake at night and stress about going to work because of the politics and constant negativaty. The idea of starting a new job also scares me. Im just not sure of what to do. Brett

33 Replies 33

Beaser
Community Member
Another step yesterday. I had an interview at a local Hardware store and think i have a start in a couple of weeks. Ill be nervous but i feel happy in that ive taken control of things again and walked away from a major stressor for me. I think ill give it six months and see how things go. Baby steps as they say.. Best wishes for a safe and happy weekend to everyone. Brett

Beaser
Community Member
Hi and best wishes to every one. Its my final week at my current job i must admit to feeling a bit nervous and even scared. Its been hard to talk about it to people at times ive even avoided telling people because i havent felt like discussing it. Does anyone else ever feel that they dont wish to talk about things.I think im just a bit sick of explaining myself and justifying my decision to every one. Best wishes to everyone. Brett.

Beaser
Community Member

Im starting to get a bit scared again.. My last couple of days at my current job. They have organised a morning tea for me which im very nervous about. Also a bit scared about starting a new job . I was so stale and lost where i was and it was stealing the joy from my life.  I guess that tells me im doing the right thing.  Best wishes to everyone Brett. 

Beaser
Community Member

Well its my final day after 13 years at my job. Im very nervous and scared if im honest.  I know that i was so unhappy there at times.  I was laying awake at night not wanting to get up for work and spending my free time stressing about going back. Surely thats no way to live your life.   I so hope ive done the right thing .  There have only been a couple of people who have not been supportive of my decision and yes that has really upset me. I was wondering has anyone been through a similar thing and how did it go?    Best wishes   Brett.