FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety & Depression

Mumma12
Community Member

Hi all

I’ve recently started suffering from Anxiety and Depression and last night I hit rock bottom. 
I really struggle day by day to get out of bed I have no energy I’m emotionally exhausted.

I was hoping if there are people like me who know how to accept these emotions and push through, I’m on a mental health plan but I feel like it’s failing me. Any advice would be appreciated 

2 Replies 2

JED1980
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Mumma12

I too suffer from Anxiety. Its not a very nice feeling..  

The best advice I was given, was to name my anxiety. I call him Pedro. 

I talk to him, tell him to stop. Tell him he needs to be quiet. I also put him in a box and shut the lid. This helps me move past the feelings when they get too big or too overwhelming.

I woukd suggest maybe going to see a counsellor,or a psychologist to see if theu can provide you with some strategies that may help you.

Here if you need a chat

J xx

Richju
Community Member

Hi Mumma12,

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear of your recent anxiety issues.

I used to suffer from extreme anxiety but it rarely bothers me now. I call my anxiety Zelda and I tell her to shut up when she puts negative thoughts into my mind. 

I agree with Jed. Seeing a counsellor may be helpful as he/she can help you to monitor those unwanted thoughts, which make you so tired.

Also practising mindfulness as you take short walks and observe the natural environment with all your senses.

This all takes practise but it's worth it. I'm now 72 and I realise how much of my life I missed before I was able to control Zelda but I'm looking forward to the next 20 years (or even more) now I am no longer controlled by those thoughts. 

I'm hoping you'll post again very soon to tell us how you're going. We're hear to listen and support.

Warmest regards,

Richju xxxxxxx