FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Uni to much CANT COPE

Sparkz123987
Community Member

Hi

I have never really talked to anyone a lot about the worries on my mind as I was worried about my problem being dumb. I am in uni, and I am failing 3 of my subjects this semester. Many stuff has happened, but I am working three jobs while looking after my grandmother on top of travelling an hour most days to go to uni and then driving back home to work.

I feel like I have no time for anything anymore, and I have lost interest in everything I love doing. I have no motivation, and I feel stressed and anxious all the time and feel the feeling of failure that won't disappear. I just don't know what to do to stop these constant feeling.

I want to disappear and not be here anymore and not feel so stressed and anxious all the time. I know my issue is dumb and quite a small issue but to me at the moment.

What I just wrote probably won't make any sense, but I need to get it out, and I want to find a way to manage.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Dear Sparkz123987,
We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we're worried about you. We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Sparkz, a warm welcome to the site and please anyone who posts on this forum, their issue with them is serious and should never feel guilty at all.

You have an enormous amount to cope with, going to uni, working 3 jobs, looking after your grandmother and spending a great deal of time in the car, where your thoughts would be endless and perhaps only cementing in how you are feeling, this must be exhausting for you and certainly there would be no enjoyment.

I often say to people who aren't coping with being at uni, to defer, that's what I only wished I had done, but disliked having to spend three years getting a Diploma, and for what reason.

It doesn't matter how long you spend at each workplace, it's just the thought of having three jobs that mentally wears you out and then coming home to look after your g/mother, is all a tremendous burden to cope with.

You can always go back to uni at a later stage if you want to and even if you decide to continue, then you may have a qualification where you might not be able to get a job in that field.

Can you increase your hours at one of these job sites and then eliminate the other two, that's one option, but would really love to hear more of the situation you are in, so please get back to us when you are available.

Take care.

Geoff.

Giulia2021
Community Member

Hi Sparkz

Your issues aren't dumb. They are so valid and I hope you can see this through the support you get from this community. It seems like you're taking on a lot and it super normal to lose interest in things when you're exhausted and don't have the energy. This is ok. I would say that the first thing you need to do is try and sit with yourself for just one minute and day and practice breathing. It sounds like you're really stressed right now and sitting with yourself and breathing will give you a few minutes to give back to you! Think of yourself as a jar full of coins. All the things you do - go to uni, work, and your work as a carer are coins out. To make sure our jar stays full we also need to put coins in by resting or doing things we love. For you right now, breathing and taking a minute in your day to stop is putting a coin back in the jar for you. 

I hope you find some ways to put some coins back in the jar Sparkz and I hope these suggestions help.

Giulia