FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Overly Worried about my Grim Prospect Future, Beyond the Days of my Parent's

BabySteps
Community Member
I'm worried about my Future everyday

I have No Standard Driver's Licence
I may be Restricted Beyond Ideal and Need

(I don't know how to Apply for Jobs Online)
(Or what or which Is the most effective way In Applying)
I have No Direction for Ideal Manageable Job Occupations, or which Job Industries I like
I have No Dream Ambition for my Life
TAFE offers nothing, maybe only Just One Course that I'd be Interested In, But I don't want to pursue something for the sake of It without being sure
UNIVERSITY has never been for me or of Interest (That's a guaranteed NO)

I have No Supportive Friends
I have No Spouse or Partner

I don't know how to Pay Bills or Rent

If I ever need a Accommodation, I wouldn't get a Rental Property If I haven't been Working for at least 6 Months at least, and without a Full Time Job I couldn't afford Rent, Especially In Melbourne, Australia

*My Father Is a Bill Payer and only that, He Is a Absent and Selfish who doesn't care or think about my Future and Problems, and deeply would prefer me not living here, at Home
*My Mother loves me Un conditionally but she can be Vauge and doesn't know what's coming next (I don't know If she wants to forget about It) because she would find It distressing

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M

Hey BabySteps,

We are so grateful that you've taken the courageous step in sharing your thoughts and feelings here with our wonderful community. It sounds like things are feeling really overwhelming for you at the moment and we're so sorry to hear how worried you're feeling about the future. But please know that you've come to safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

We understand it can be really tough to cope sometimes, especially if you don't have a lot of support from family or friends. But please know that things can always improve with the right support, and support is always available to you. We'd really recommend getting in touch with our Beyond Blue Support Service which is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport One of the friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings and concerns with you, and can offer support, advice and referrals to help you through this difficult time.

Please feel free to keep checking back in here on your thread and let us know how you are going when you feel up to it. We're all here for you.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello BabySteps, and can we offer you a warm welcome and by your post shows that you're not particularly feeling any positivity and only added on by this lockdown that complicates everything.

If you do get a rental property, and just saying, is that weekly or fortnightly payments can be taken out of your bank account without you doing anything, that's what happens with my rent.

I can't tell you what to do, however, if you're not interested in uni then, don't push yourself towards completing a course.

Can I also mention that Kids Helpline, people up to 25 years old on 1800 55 1800 or web-chat can be contacted.

If you want to, can you please get back to us as there are lots of different issues we'd love to talk about.

Geoff.