FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm homesick and lonely and I feel like I can't tell anyone

BeautifulHorse
Community Member
I've recently 'moved' in with my aunt for a little while, and I miss home. It's very organised and more strict here, I'm not allowed to eat in the lounge room for example, and everything is really... different. And I have to put up with my uncle, who is either annoying or scary. I feel like I'm letting down my guard too much, because when I trust someone they always somehow bite me back. I don't know what to do because they try to be really nice, and it would feel nasty to say anything against that. Sometimes I want to cry, but I don't because I don't want anyone to know I'm upset. I'm not sure if anyone else feels like this and I don't know what to do. It's not healthy to let these sorts of things linger, but I don't really have anyone I feel safe talking to and I can't get out alone to call someone to just talk to.
3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi BeautifulHorse,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling homesick and lonely I understand it’s hard when you are missing home and everything seems different.

Im sorry your Uncle is annoying and scary…. Is he nice to you?

Can you still call someone back home that you feel comfortable talking to?

We are always here for you as a community 😊 please chat to us anytime.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello BeautifulHorse, thanks for your comment and if I can ask you a question, how long do you think you'll be with your auntie/uncle.

If you are at school do they have someone there you can talk to and open up your emotions.

Take care.

GFeoff.

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey BeautifulHorse,

I'm sorry to hear you feel homesick. It sounds like living with your auntie and uncle just doesn't feel like home and isn't comfortable.

You posted in the Young People's thread, so may I ask if you have tried the chat function for kidshelpline (kidshelpline.com.au)? That way you won't need to call, but you can still chat with someone one-on-one and it's also very safe, like here. We will stay and support you on these forums for as long as you need, but if you are looking for a live chat function, they will be able to provide that for you better than we can.

James