FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Very confused about life at the moment

Jabrjori
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey,

new here, I don’t want to talk to anyone about what’s going on in my head as I don’t want to admit that there maybe something not lining up.

i have an AMAZING supportive husband, 4 kids, GP of 39 years today (it’s my birthday). Both my parents are heavily medicated depression and anxiety sufferers, also alcoholics and my mum now has a good addiction too. These 2 people I can not talk about this too.

i am not sure that feeling flat, unsure, un productive, angry, nervous EMOTIONAL a bit of the time is ok. It’s only a day here or there during the week. But I am worried it’s taking over... I don’t want it too. I do everything in my power to help it, but it’s just there.

i am not sure what I am looking for. The beyond blue test told me I need to see my gp, but I think, did I answer that looking for that answer? Or was my answers legit.

How did people say, I just need a little support here?

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jabrjori, and a warm welcome to the forums.

The Beyond Blue test is for you to answer questions about how you are feeling and you wouldn't have done it unless you were feeling unwell, that's not your fault, so please don't blame yourself.

Unfortunately, once it starts to take over it requires an enormous amount of strength to know how to stop it, but if you don't then it is time to see your doctor, procrastination isn't advisable.

What's going on in your head is what needs help with, so start to write down what you thinking on some paper so that you can hand this over to your doctor, and if you feel comfortable ask your husband to go with you and wait in the waiting rooms.

Your 4 kids will know the change in your personality, and I'm not sure how long you can stay away from your parents but let us know.

Please know that we are here to support you every way possible and thanks for contacting us.

Geoff.

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jabrjori,

Thanks for your post and for sharing what's been happening with you. Also a belated happy birthday!

I want to ask, what would it mean for you if things didn't line up, or the answers were legit?

I think that there's something very powerful in reaching out and asking for support when things don't feel right or you feel like you are having trouble coping. While there's certainly a lot of stigma around getting some help with mental health, in reality we need to treat our minds in the same way we treat our bodies. Getting some therapy for anxiety and depression can be just as useful as if we went and got some physiotherapy for some neck or back pain.

You said in your post a bit of the time is okay - perhaps if you were to go to your GP, it would give you that opportunity to 'knock it on it's head' so to speak, so that things didn't have to get to a point where things weren't okay.

Hopefully this gives you something to think about.

RT