FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Panic disorder natural remedies

Jacks101
Community Member
Hi all as the title says I’m looking for something natural I’m so sick n tired of the strong side affects from heavy SSRIs, I’ve heard of redicalm but heard no real reviews, has anyone else had any luck with something natural. Looking forward to any comments thankyou
6 Replies 6

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jacks101

Thankyou for asking about natural remedies for panic disorder (anxiety issues)

Your thread topic is a good one as I have also been asking the same question many times on the forums too. I used to take Tryptophan when I was in my 20's and it didnt help in anyway, even though its a 'natural' remedy...and then my GP mentioned that it can be harmful so I started using a small dose of antidepressants (SSRI's) which have worked well (with my symptoms)

Meds are never a fix all, unfortunately. I understand that you are sick and tired of the effects of SSRI's and fair enough. Can I ask if you are experiencing any anxiety/depression?

my kind thoughts

Paul

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jacks101,

Thanks for your post, and a great question. I haven't heard of RediCalm before so I did a little research. Just personally, I'm a little skeptical. Anything that promises to relieve anxiety in 30 minutes, and is 'clinically proven', even though there's one study that they paid for.. But, I"m also generally skeptical about these things, so I'm totally open and supportive if it's something you'd like to try.

One resource you might want to look at is 'What works for anxiety' - it's from BB, and evaluates some of the different treatments out there, including homeopathic ones. It's a big document, but if you look at page 4 you can see what's there and it might give you a place to start -

https://resources.beyondblue.org.au/prism/file?token=BL/0762

I hope this helps - I'd love to hear how you get on.

rt

Hi thanks for replying, yes major anxiety every time I leave the house and lately very severe vestibular symptoms, my balance is terrible taking prescription medication does settle it but also want to dry something different other from of anti-anxiety medication , just take them purely for my panic .so hard to do anything when I’m so dizzy

Thankyou for replying I’m honestly open to any suggestions I can’t go on like this for much longer

Hi Jacks101,

Were you able to have a read of the document? Hopefully you found it helpful.

The ones in the document that I've used personally are aromatherapy, bibliotherapy, chamomile, exercise, lavender, smartphone apps, meditation, yoga, breathing training and relaxation training. A lot of the supplements interact with the medications that I'm on so I can speak for those. Therapy has probably been the biggest help in coping with anxiety.

Is therapy something that you've tried, or looked into before?

rt

Hi yes I had a read through I do all the meditation techniques and utube which is great for my anxiety, however at the moment I can’t even drive my car due to my vestibular symptoms absolutely chronic it all got really bad couple weeks ago when I started walking at the backyard to try loose weight, even now with fresh air coming inside all day by afternoon it’s really bad , see my dr next week